Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records Management: Model for customer - project - records hierarchy

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

starting with RM I just created a static structure for customer data. This works pretty well at the beginning level.

Now I would like to add a hierarchy to the customer data. The next level in the structure should be projects with the project that are associated with the customer. The projects are managed with PS. So every time a PSP element is created on a special level will automatically create some model nodes with elements (offer, order, .. ). Under the level of the projects there should be records like offer, order, ..

Could someone could give me some hints how to solve this, please? What is the best practice for something like that?

Is this the right forum for this question?

Thanks a lot,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vanessa,

The logic needs to be written in creation of PSP element logic after the creation has been done successful. You can create a new object(record or case depending on what you have decided the structure object to be) & attach it to the record. You can use methods of IF_SRM_SP_RECORD ( record api). In any system of yours which has RM implemented, you will find a sample program SRM_RECORD_API_HOWTO which tells you how to work with record from program.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vanessa,

Unfortunately, we have not been able to get an exclusive forum for RM hence, a post anywhere with Records Management or Case Management will be good(I generally search for questions on these keywords).

For your question - adding a new sub-structure to the same record or case everytime there is a project etc is created is technically not feasible. Even if you make this feasible by programming it will be very difficult to maintain. I would recommend to have an object(record or case) for every sub-structure that needs to be created with a separate record model for the sub-structure.

For eg - if you need to create & add a new sub-project to a main project every time for an event, then instantiate an object(record/case) & then add it to the project record.

Some points to consider - recommendation is to not to have more than 1000 objects linked to any one folder as after that time consumed to expand the folder becomes visibly high for the user.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards,

Pragya

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pragya,

thanks for your answer. I believe this is the best way to solve it. Do you have an idea which user-exit I can use to add the neccessary functionality and maybe a hint where I can find some relevant sample code on how to add the instances and so on?

Thank you and enjoy your day,

Vanessa