cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing .ear file into NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do we have an option to import .ear file into NWDS directly? This ear file contains .war file. But I am not getting any option to do this import. Pls guide me.

Thanks in Advance

Mathur Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh ,

This thread might give you some idea - .

Regards

Mayank

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try out this

try through this -

1) File--> New > Project>Java> Java Project> Project Name--> Choose the unziped Earfile path as the DictionaryPath.

and if you get an error asking that '.project' file is missing, then you can create the project explicitly in NWDS & copy ur src files in that project.Then u can create the ear file using that project.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may help. I will try the solution.

Regards,

Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to un check the check box for select the directiory path, if you un check the check box then only Directiory will enabled and then bowse to Choose the unziped Earfile path as the DictionaryPath.

Thanks,

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea, that I know and I did by this way only. But that didn't work as it was asking for an emplty directory and our unzipped folder already has some files.

Reagrds,

Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you clearly read my statement regarding directiory path

First you need to change the .ear file to .zip file and unzip the file in you local machine

and then open the nwds and do the following way

File--> New > Project>J2eeProject> Enterprise Applicaion> Project Name--> Choose the unziped Earfile path as the DictionaryPath.

I think your clear

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the clarity but while creating the project I am not able to choose the directory path of the unzipped ear folder under Project contents. It says, Project content-folder must be empty. It means that folder should be empty for a new project.

Regards,

Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try in this way

Select the Appropriate Project as per you .ear file(WDA,JAVA,J2ee)

If java project

1) File--> New > Project>Java> Java Project> Project Name--> Choose the unziped Earfile path as the DictionaryPath.

If Enterprise Application Like(.war file and .jar)

File--> New > Project>J2eeProject> Enterprise Applicaion> Project Name--> Choose the unziped Earfile path as the DictionaryPath.

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pardon my ignorance, what exactly is dictionary path ?

Regards,

Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess sreeni is refering to the path of the .ear file that is stored on your local machine .

You will have to browse for the same and include .

Regards

Mayank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was thinking that deploying the .ear file, if you know how to unjar the .ear file or if you have winrar s/w in your system,

Try in this way

please unrar it and open the NWDS got o file import Existing project in to workspace and specify the unrar project

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I unzipped the ear file but since it doesn't have .project file so I can't use import Existing Project into Workspace. Any other option ?

Regards,

Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you already config the Portal server to NWDS, it is vry simple to deploy,

Select the .ear file and right click and deploy, it will deploy to configured portal server

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mayank for sharing the thread link. But it seems that there is no direct way for importing of .ear files. Still I am searching for the possible options.

Sreeni, actually I am looking for importing of .ear files, deployment process I know. Thanks for the reply

Regards,

Mathur