Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tracking Tables

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts

I have a Scenario, where i need to Track Changes in SAP MDM for field level, as i enable Specific Fields for which i need to track in SAP MDM Console under Admin-> Chage Tracking.

But as i learnt, Changes will be stored in Database level. can any one help me in knowing the DatabseTables in SQL Server which holds the changes done to a field.

We are using SAP MDM 7.1, and on Databse is SQL SERVER

if any one worked on this Scenario, Please let me know the Step to Step Process.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Sowseel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel

In MDM console we only enable the fields for change tracking. The audit trails are stored in backend database in A2i_CM_History tables. We have specific change tracker application preconfigured and shipped with SAP business content which can be used for viewing the audit trail.

Please follow the docs/links posted above to understand step by step processes.

thanks-Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

Please let me know the Step to Step Process.

Please refer the below blog for complete understanding

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/08/change-tracking-in-mdm

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep,

Thanks for the Simple blog link.

i enable change tracking for the Main Table, and i went to SQL and run the select command

"select [UserName],[EventTime],[TableName],[FieldName],[NewValue],[OldValue] from [MaterialMaster_Z000].[dbo].[A2i_CM_History]"

it gives me the result what i expected, with old values and new values. which is all good.

But the problem is here, where i enable change tracking for a Qualified Table Sales data for the field "Sales unit" which is a Qualifier. and when i change the value of that field in Data Manger,When i run SQL Command Result is some thing like this

User Name Time Table Field New Value Old Value

Admin 07/07/2010 09:41:32 AM Products Update Date 07/07/2010 04:11:31 GMT 01/06/2010 05:14:18 GMT

So, is that for Qulaified tables we can get only Updated Date and Time not the Value of the Field? is this how system behaves or there any work around to achieve it.

Can't we achieve the Change Tracking of updated Values of the Qulaified Table data in MDM 5.5 or 7.1.

Is this case is same, if i deploy Change Tracker Application in MDM 7.1? Qualified Table Fields value Changes can not be Tracked only the updated Time can be Tracked?

Note: I checked only in MDM 5.5 not yet in MDM 7.1.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel

Thats true. CHange tracking for qualified tables is not supported till MDM 5.5 hence you are getting changes only for the timestamp fields.

In MDM 7.1 change tracking is supported even for the qualified tables and we can even see the values changed.

Please note this is as per the release notes for MDM 7.1, I have not tried this so far. Please close the thread if answered.

thanks-Ravi

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

I am unable to find A2i_CM_History table in <RepositoryName>_z000 in MDM 7.1 in SQL server 2008.

Could you please let me know , where does this table will be in MDM 7.1

Thanks

Sowseel

Edited by: sowseel pasumarthi on Jul 7, 2010 12:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

As suggested in Blog, <RepositoryName>_z000-->Tables here carefully search for A2i_CM_History table.

It should be there. See fig. 8

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/08/change-tracking-in-mdm

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

Actually there was an issue with User rights in SQL Server, now i can see the A2i_CM_History Table in MDM 7.1 SQL Structures

Ravi ,

You are correct, MDM 7.1 Supports Change Tracking of Tuples and Qualified Field Values.

I checked it, it all works fine.

Thanks for the help Priti, Mandeep,Ravi for your valuable Answers once again.

Regards

Sowseel

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

MDM Change History database table (A2i_CM_History).

Please refer the below link for complete information:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/49/a42bce34de1b93e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Resetting MDM Change Tracker from the MDM Database:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10cbe10c-0654-2c10-3d8b-ff99dadc402e

How to Configure SAP MDM Change Tracker for Any Repository:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/807861ac-f941-2c10-8f8d-c57f9d421b99

If you have SAP EP in your landscape, for user display you can configure it too.

Thanks,

Priti

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Thanks for the help, as i understood from the documents provided by you

Process goes this way.

1. Deploying the Change Tracker Application using JSPM

2. Creating a Data Source using Visual Administrator and Connecting with MS SQL Server

3. Configuring the Change Tracker using Visual Administrator, for the stand alone Mode/Iview/webservice.

I have Question as the documents were with examples of MDM 5.5, was it same for MDM 7.1? or there are any changes to that set up Process.

Please let me know, if any changes.

Thanks

Sowseel

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

Its the same. We have configured for 7.1 by refering to the documents. There was no problem.

Please let us know if you are facing any problem in the process.

Thanks,

Priti