cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while Lookup Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to import some data (from excel scheet) from Import Manager in a flat lookup table, but after completing the filed mapping and value mapping, I am unable to add the fields as matching key criteria. They are greyed out in Matching criteria step. Why is this happening and how can this be solved ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Instead of map all field at one time try to map one by one .

Try these steps:

1.match first diaplay filed and in matching criteria select that field.

2.map next fields and if you want to include in matching criteria just add them just after mapping tim instead of ampping all fields then add in matching crieteria....

Just check whether it is working or not and get back with yr results.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes this is working when i try it as you said 'first map one field then match it, then map another field then match it'.

Do you have any idea why match record step in import manager behaves like that? Any logic behind such behaviour ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One more thing you can try...

Out of multiple display fields make one field as unique.

Then you can select that unique field in import matching criteria.

- Shaailesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wpw

there are 2 solutions for this-

1. If you have multiple display fields, in the import map after mapping all the fields create a compound field and select it for matching.

2. You can also use the concept for remote keys. Enable the lookup table for remote keys and map fields from the source file to remote keys available in destination side. Select the remote keys for matching.

Approach 2 is always preferred and has many advantages like auto value mapping..

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

in lookup table field i think you have set both the field as a disply field for e.g Code and Name this both

field are set display field under lookup table to over come this problem

1. just set only one field as display field this will resolved your problem or

2. select both fields together and add as matching fields for e.g Code & Name select both fields by pressing Ctrl ( Code + Name)

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Edited by: jignesh patel on Jul 6, 2010 10:54 AM