cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Assistant problem (from ECC5 to ECC6)

ruben_romo3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to upgrade my dev system from ECC 5 to ECC6 (over Oracle and Solaris) and I´m running the PREPARE step and everything start ok, but when I run the Upgrade Assistant the process get blocked in different stages of the process, so I have to start again and this time the process get blocked in another step. After some attempts the process shows me the next message:

PREPARE: START OF PHASE DBCHK_PRE

Running /usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run/tp pf=/usr/sap/put/bin/DEFAULT.TPP get dbinfo DEV

Warning: The return code of tp is 232

SEVERE ERROR: Unable to determine DB and SAP version

I´ve checked several things like R3trans, Kernel and everything seem to be ok. Could you give some clues?

Any clue will be appreciated,

Ruben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

I would suggest you to run the upgrade assistant using nohup option so that the process will not hangup. But for the error when starting UA again its suggested to contact SAP as you could provide more support

Regards,

Anand

ruben_romo3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Fortunately this issue was solved. Let me explain how was it. We changed the environment var dbs_ora_schema because was pointing to another system, also we updated SAPup even when we have done this with bad results. So, after we did this changes everything start to work fine.

Thank you very much for your time and support and best regards,

Ruben

PS By the way, we ran the Upgrade Assistant with option nohup

ruben_romo3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Fortunately this issue was solved, let me explain how was it. We changed the environment var dbs_ora_schema because it was pointing to another system, also we updated SAPup even when we have done this with bad results. So, after we did this changes everything start to work fine.

Thank you very much for your time and support and best regards,

Ruben

PS By the way, we've been running the Upgrade Assistant with option nohup

Edited by: Ruben (Mexico) on Jul 6, 2010 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

Thanks very much for sharing the solution and also best wishes for your upgrade

Regards,

Anand

Answers (0)