cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible bug? Nested tables and quantity fields in the nested table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I have witnessed a weird bug, maybe someone can clarify this for me.

1. Create a nested table. The inner table contains a quantity field of type DZIEME (FROM VBAP-ZIEME).

2. Create your interface and just put this table in the import section. Try to activate. It will work.

3. Create an adobe form for it and a program and execute it. You'll get a short dump saying that VBAP-ZIEME is unknown and that there are errors in the dynamically generated function.

Second test.

1. Create a nested table. The outer table contains a quantity field of type DZIEME (FROM VBAP-ZIEME).

2. Create your interface and just put this table in the import section. Try to activate. It will NOT work.

You have to make the addition of the quantity fields in Currency/Quantity Fields.

From this I see that the checker, doesn't look into nested tables for quantity/currency fields and just activates the interface.

Third test

1. Create a nested table. The inner table contains a quantity field of type DZIEME (FROM VBAP-ZIEME).

2. Create your interface:

2.a. Put this table in the import section.

2.b. Declare the nested Quantity field in the Currency/Quantity Fields section, using the autofiller (the buttons to the right of the field)

2.c Try to activate. It will work.

3. Create an adobe form for it and a program and execute it. You'll get a short dump which for some reason has no info.

From this, I understand that the Currency/Quantity Fields section may not declare the quantity fields, from nested tables, correctly.

_________

What do you guys think? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

scott_stefanich
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What happens if you enter

TABLES: VBAP.

in the interface Initialization -> Code Initialization?

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I must admit I am a little lazy to try all that myself, but to support you - I have experienced some weird behavior of some of the DDIC data types/ fields during the years. i have never figured out what the problems were and use formatted strings or some other workarounds to finish the task. I like the way you describe the "bug", because I was never able to do that myself. I appreciate your effort and will look forward to the "answers" or comments you will receive here.

Regards Otto

akpetteroe2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

When you say "create a nested table", do you mean in the layout (with Adobe Designer)?

Cheers,

Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Anne Kathrine P...

By nested tables I mean creating table types, in the dictionary (se11) then in the interface>Import section adding a parameter X TYPE B_T.

i.e.

Structure A

Table type of structure A, A_T

Structure B containing a field of table type A

Table type B of structure B, B_T.

The issue can be easily solved for Z tables by changing the component type from quantity to decimal type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a similar situation in adobe forms i am declaring my internal table in table parameters of adobe forms i am not able to do any coding with it in code initialization its giving me error like work area does not have header line it is not picking the structure of the internal table properly .

Best Regards,

Sreeram