cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM for attribute's value assignation in PPOMA ?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Do you know which FM can I use in order to assign programatically some attribute's values in PPOMA ?

I found some FM's and according to their names, they should do something.. but Im not sure if they are the right ones.

Could somebody share how can I solve this? My need is to upload massively some attribute's values in PPOMA.

Thanks for your help guys !

Kind Regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

by the way.. Id like to assign programatically attribute "CNT" 😃

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

use FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTES.

You can build your report arround this function module. We are now developing report which will update Attributes from external file.

Gordan

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

2 quick questions:

1. This fm is for update attributes only.. isnt it ?

2. If not, could you share with me a sample call ? how should I send the input parameters ?

Thanks man ! 😃

Regards,

Diego

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

just with SM37 test FM and you will be able to enter new or change existing values in organization structure.

For Input parameters you should use one of USER_ID_P or ORGUNIT_ID_P depending if you want to change attributes for user or org unit. REPLACE_P is if you want to replace existing value of the attribute. (We need to use this filed if we want to change cost centre, even if the value was empty before).

In Table IT_ATTR_P field ATTR_ID is for field name of attribute that you want to change (i.e. CNT), VALUE_LOGS is for system for where attribute value is, VALUE is for attribute value, DFT_FLAG is if you want that value is defaulted for attribute.

There are also some other less relevant fields, but they are the same like in attributes visible through ppoma_bbp.

Also it is possible to maintain extended attributes on the same way.

HTH

Gordan

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ey Gordan whats up.

The FM you suggested works perfectly! Thanks so much for your help !

Kind regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goordan,

You mentioned below that you are developing a reoprt to to update attributes from an external files. Can you share the code?

We wabt to have the ability to mass maitain cost centres against positions in the org structure. Allk positions will have unique attribute assignments.

Do you know if this scenario is achievable?

Thanks

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Grace,

development is still going on. One of many.

If you know relationship between cost centre and organizational node (position or unit) you can use mentioned FM. Upload of the external file is just one option. Another is to use custom table which is stored in the system.

Your scenario is duable. :o))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

Have you tried program "B_UPLOAD_COST_CENTER_ATTRIBUTE", you can modify this to also flag the default cost centre...

Regards,

Adeoye

PS: Please reward points accordingly for useful posts.

Answers (0)