cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find whether program was run with multiple dialog process or just on

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have third party software which calls an abap program which has three different u201Cformsu201D inside a single ABAP program.

I am not sure whether third party program makes connection to SAP once and then calls three forms one by one or it makes connection calls first form, disconnects; calls second form, disconnects; calls third form and then disconnects.

Which tcodes can I use to troubleshoot above problem?

Thanks.

Prem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SM50 to monitor. I do see a dialog process 17004 used by my program. It seems that SAP has a fixed set of dialog processes and one of the processes is being used by my program; i.e., after my program is complete, I run it again; again I see same dialog process being used. So my original question; how I do I find whether my program was called three times or just once when three forms were called. How Can look at history of what all was run inside the dialog process 17004.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the practical issue you are facing ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

My third party software runs program in a dialog process (cannot switch to background process) so program gets a time out if it takes more than 15 minutes to complete. I was wondering if program is called three times by connecting and disconnecting; timeout will apply to a spearate dialog process - so total time will be 45 minutes. If prgram was running in one dialog process, time limit will only be 15 minutes. My BASIS group cannot increase timeout limit bceause it will slow everyone else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check using the trace file of the work process. You can get the trace file from SM50 --> Process --> Trace --> Display File after selecting the work process

However I still suggest you to schedule the program in background as 15mins will definitly have impact on the performance

Regards,

Anand

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was wondering if program is called three times by connecting and disconnecting; timeout will apply to a spearate dialog process - so total time will be 45 minutes

No that is not how it works... if the program is called 3 times it should run in 3 different dialog processes and the timeout will still apply.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest, without you doing some much of effort for nothing, go to the thrid party, ask them to fine tune their program or change the package design to make the program run on background.

Regards,

Sanujit