cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Restart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am implementing an in 7.1 but have some doubts about the restart behaviour.

1: My understanding and experience is when the IP fails for any error and there is no exception branch to deal with it, you get the SYSFAIL in the queue and all messages behind it are stuck until the error IP is killed or restarted using sxmb_moni_bpe. Upon restart the process will continue for the failed branch.

2: When an IP fails and an excpetion branch is called, if an Alert is thrown then the process will continue down the exception branch and hence if you restart the process it iwon't begin from the last failure point, instead it will continue down the exception branch and execute any steps along the way there. Also if you handle the error with the exception branch and all subsequent steps are complete successfully then the process will complete successfully, hence you will see no entry in the sxmb_moni_bpe --> restart....

If any of the above is incorrect please let me know. Particularly about the messages getting stuck in the queue behind the errorneous IP. This behaviour is really not good and if in 7.1 there has been something added to get round the issue of queue blockages please let me know,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
there is no exception branch to deal with it

The BPM should be designed in such a way that you handle the exceptions properly.....let it be Transformation exception or error in receiving back the response in SYNC flow.

Mostly the queues are stuck because the BPM design is poor....however if the system itself goes down during processing, then the queues will get blocked for all the processes....not only for BPM.

Do you have any particular error case in mind which you think could block the queues in BPM-processing

hence you will see no entry in the sxmb_moni_bpe --> restart....

The behavior is perfect.....see if you want that the BPM goes into error state, then instead of raising an alert Throw An Exception.

Regards,

Abhishek.