cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starting Web Dynpro - absolute beginner question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Web Dynpro gurus,

i have couple of completed & working customer ABAP programs (with their own selection screen logic and their own Z transactons)...

I should make those programs work in Web Dypro (to enable Portal usage of programs)...

I have some ABAP experince, but not OO, and I haven't worked with Web Dynpro component yet...

What would be the best approach in starting to learn Web Dynpro, links are wellcome?

Is there a way of integrating existing ABAP program in a Web Dynpro?

Or do I have to start developing separate Web Dynpro program anew, from scratch?

I ask this because these programs have complex selecton screen logic (implemented in 'AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT') that i'd like to keep in Web Dynpro program as well...

Thank you for your replies...

Kind regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

profitlich42
Participant
0 Kudos

" ask this because these programs have complex selecton screen logic (implemented in 'AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT') that i'd like to keep in Web Dynpro program as well..."

No chance to keep that with Webdynpro ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do my steps you will display GUI "your program" as internet (ITS) and you dont need to change your program and it will display your selection screen also.

Make sure to create parameters in your IVIEW and pass those in the OBN call.

thanks!

Jason PV

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick way to do it:

Create a custom Transaction of your Program.

Portal team needs to create an IVIEW of your custom Transaction (TCODE).

In your Webdynpro Component MAIN VIEW method WDDOINIT use OBJECT BASE NAVIGATION (OBN call) and Pass parameter of your custom TCODE IVIEW. (you can use the WIZARD to do the OBN call)

When you add your WebDynpro Component to the portal it will bring your SAP Program as internet navigation.

Thanks!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer these links:

References and Links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/wdabap/referencesandLinks

Blogs:

/people/thomas.jung/blog/2006/06/20/web-dynpro-abap-demonstration-videos

Tutorial for Beginners:

[original link is broken]