Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File - File using Java proxy

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a scenario of reading a file from ECC application server and moving to an FTP path. Well, my initial approach was to go for a simple file-file with just the ID inplace. But considering the fact when we have huge dataset maybe working on java proxies would be relatively efficient in handling huge recordsets. do any one has experience in such case or any comments on implementing it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhu,

Do you just have to move the file? or you also have to make any kind of mapping ?

regards,

Juan.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jus moving the file...and thts the reason i'm gonna to have only ID and no IR.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shud PayloadZipBean be helpful???

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that if you use this, you won't have any problem:

´´´´ How to send any data (even binary) through XI, without using the Integration Repository (pasar archivos sin usar el IR)

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

regards

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello juan, well i'm aware of this and had been using this way for simple file-file transfer whcih does not involves mapping...but my question is on how to handle it effectively...shud java proxy be of help or the bean in module adapter shud do the trick? well after going thru some docs i think by using the bean in module adatper reduces the complexities rather than using java proxies (involving development time, maintenance etc)

yet keeping it open to get more updates.

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu, I've never used the payloadzipbean module, so I can't advice you about this.

Hope you can do this correctly.

Regards,

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using module can reduce the size of message when the message moves from one adapter to another. You may not find considerable change in performance because the load you reduce by zipping payload requires processing of module on entire payload twice (zipping and unzipping) thereby almost equating the two loads on system.

Java proxy theoretically could perform better, but as you mentioned it would be definitely require more of maintenance and effort. However, if you plan to have many such interfaces in future, then may be implementing a generic proxy could be a better design.

Regards,

Prateek

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you give some inputs on implementing this case file-file using java proxy and how do we schedule it?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I would prefer developing scenario using File to File simple and better solution,i have transferred 50mb files using only ID design, i never experienced any problem at all.

as prateek mentioned java proxy required additional support, even you need to create IR objects,that means the server utilization will be more,obviously it takes lot of resources compare to simple file to file.

if you looking for generic solution , if you are good java developer then you can develop one reusable proxy program .

i have developed some reusable generic java mapping programs relevent to my requirement,but in your case dont make complex file to file works perfectly.

it is my suggestion.

Regards,

Raj