cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Transport Package Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fellows,

I have been provided an exported tranport package ( from an external SAP system) from my abapers and they want me to import it in our SAP landscape, which I did by copying R???? File and K???? File in usr/sap/trans folders aprropriately.

Package is successfully trasnported in QA Server. But our abapers require to have it imported in development server. As far as I know if we copy transport file in Data and cofiles directories of trans direcotry we can only able to trasnport objects in QA and then to Production.

How it is possible to have changes and impacts on Development server.

Please help if it is possible

Regards

Waqas

Edited by: Waqas Ahmad on Jul 5, 2010 2:57 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waqas,

Transporting this to your development box is bit tricky. The process to follow as explained above and which you must have followed while importing the requests to your QA box i.e. Manually adding the TRs and import. But, if you will try to import an object to a development box, in which the object already exist, it will not import, due to the original system feature of the object. Hence you will have to transport this in Overwrite Orginal (Unconditional) mode. Beware, your any exsting development on that object will get overwritten. So, since you have already imported on to your QA box, check for all the objects being transported through this transports and ensure that you are not overwritting your changes. Also after importing these TRs to allow any future development on these imported objects in your development box, please change the original system of the objects.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before that goto t-code SE01 and type your Transport Package and click on display. it will show your transported package in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waqas,

You can Import the packace in you Dev server. Perform followin steps.

1. Put the K?????? file in /usr/sap/<sid>/cofiles folder and R?????? file in /usr/sap/<sid>/data folder in your Dev system.

2. Now logon in Dev server and start STMS_IMPORT transaction code.

3. Access menu path Extra --> Other REquest --> Add.

4. You will find the request in your Dev import queue.

5. Now Import the equest in your Dev client.

Regards,

Nisit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Choose the request and forward to the QA and then from QA to PRD and transport the request in appropriate system

Regards

D.Mukundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should have imported the transport request manually in dev system check it throughly and then move it qa and other systems using the standard STMS path. How ever you have imported them in the QA system, you can directly import in the dev system that should not be a problem.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks for your reply.

How could I check the transport request if I recieved it in export format from another SAP system. I followed following steps.

1) Transferred K File and R file which I recieved in my Development Server's Cofile and Data folders in usr/sap/trans

2) STMS

3) Selected QA server and then its client to import the transport package.

Please tell me what step I have to follow to manually transport package on development server as you mentioned and also if I already have imported in QA how can I import direclty on Dev.

Regards,

Edited by: Waqas Ahmad on Jul 5, 2010 5:23 PM

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Waqas,

Please check out the following threads

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao