Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple attachment in sender mail adapter with PI 7.11

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I've got a scenario MAIL -> PI -> MAIL.

In my sender adapter mail, i have two attachment.

From what i've saw on different thread, it wasn't possible to handle this case in standard with PI 7.0.

Is it possible now with PI 7.11 ? Or must i develop a specific module for that ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean ,

I got the same issue too, the Scenario is MAIL ->FILE . Mail Sender Adapter picks up the 1 PDF attachment and saves in network folder successfully but not multiple attachments of a mail.

These are the setting in Module configuration I made:

1. The IMAPS was used in Mail Sender Adapter : imaps://10.192.101.16:993/Inbox

*IP address of the Mail Server was got from the Admin )

2. Ports : 143, 993 are opened for the Mail Server to access for XI SERver ( Raised an Ticket to open Ports of Mail server :NZTxxx.dknz.nzcorp.net)

3. As the attachment was only in PDF : Added swapbean in Module tab as below :

Process Sequesnce :

-Make sure: AF_Modules/PayloadSwapBean Modul key : TRANSFORM is added before sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.mail.app/XIMailAdapterBean

-And under Module Configuration select : TRANSFORM as Module Key and add >

swap.keyName Content-Disposition

swap.keyName Content-Description

swap.keyValue attachment;filename='MailAttachment-1.pdf"

swap.keyValue MailAttachment-1

-IF you get to know how to fetch multiple attachment , Please update.

Thanks,

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice Blog Prateek , but it will be applicable only for PI 7.1 and the my XI version is 7.0

Any further ideas you have ...

Thanks,

Vara

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Varalakshmi,

In my case, since it isn't possible in standard for PI to handle multiple attachment with random name in the sender adapter mail, i've created a specific java module, using also the payloadswapbean and it works fine now.

Regards,

jean-philippe

Edited by: Jean-Philippe PAIN on Jul 15, 2010 8:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Could you tell us what you did?

doyou get each attachment inside the module and send it direct to the pipe line?

Thank you

nilambari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Request you to share how is it possible to read the multiple attachments using a java module.

Also is it possible to read attachments with extentions other than pdf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varalakshmi,

I do have the same scenario (Mail to File). PI has to pick the .PDF files from a mail and keep in on network folder with the same PDF name.

Could you please help me to get the same PDF name on receiver?

Thanks-
Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jean,

I do have the same scenario now, Could you please share your specific JAVA module to read multiple attachments from a Mail?

thanks-
Rams

0 Kudos

Hello!

I believe you can send multiple attachments. Maybe you need do some changes or special configurations, please refer to the SAP help links bellow:

Mail Adapter Overview

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/44/8da2597e473ac1e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Defining Parameters for Message Protocol XIPAYLOAD

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/44/890ceb38903abfe10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Adding PayloadSwapBean in the Module Processor

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/2e/bf37423cf7ab04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Franklin

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Franklin,

Thanks for the answer but i've already those threard

And the payloadswapbean works fine when you receive one attachment but not more than one...

I am trying to develope a java module to handle this case...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen this?

/people/yugapreetha.t/blog/2009/08/24/read-the-attachments-of-the-input-xi-message-in-the-message-mapping

Regards,

Prateek