cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random number in billing doc reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

There is one field in billing document called reference document number(VBRK-XBLNR), in this field normally billing document number comes or when we cancel the bill doc then in cancelled document also the billing document comes,but sometimes a random number is created in this filed ( say for example 23456791 like that). It is not appearing in all documents but in few documents.

Any pointers.

Regards

Ashu

Edited by: ashutosh p on Jul 5, 2010 1:13 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel wherever it is differing, either the billing document type or the preceding document type is different.

You can find the root cause as to how the data is fetching into this field (XBLNR). Go to VTFL, select your delivery type and billing type and click on magnifying lens on top left. Now you will see three fields to your right screen. There you can see "Reference" and "Assignment" fields. Check what is maintained against these.

Based on this setting only, data flows into the above field in billing document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LakshmiPati

Thanks for your reply,

Those fields are blank and it has been observed by checking the individual bill doc type as well and the reference field is blankand we are are creating the billing doc either from contract/or from sales order/or from debit memo request(DMR). And if reference field is blank in copy control and in bill doc type then while creating the bill doc/or while cancelling the bill doc , the billing document number will appear in the reference field.

But there is one possibility while creating the contract / sales order/DMR if we are putting any value in header-->accounting( say any number 123456789) then that will take precedance over billing doc and in reference field of billing doc/and cancelled billing doc that number 123456789 will appear instead of billing doc number.

What is your opinion on my observation?

Regards

Ashu

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your copying control for Billing Doc (as target. by using tcode VTFA / VTFF / VTFL),

in header, check

- Allocation number

- Reference number

The allocation number & reference number is a piece of additional information forwarded from SD and FI.

If a field is not filled in the order, you can determine field contents here:

1. A:Customer purchase order

2. B:Sales order number

3. C:Delivery number

4. D:External delivery number

5. E:Current invoice number

If you do not make an entry and the field is not filled in the order, the billing number is adopted automatically.

Example

If want to link the delivery to invoices in accounting (which is necessary in the self-billing procedure), enter 'C' for the relevant invoices.

Note

When you are working with invoice lists, the system automatically assigns the invoice reference number to the invoice list so that all single invoices in accounting can be cleared together. You may also use the allocation number field in the above cases.

Exception: Cancellation

For cancellation, the table settings have priority. This means that when the setting is blank, the field is filled from the billing document

entries.

Please note that as of 3.0D, cancellation can no longer be controlled in copy control. This is carried out in the billing type table with the billing type of the document to be cancelled.

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thans to all for your replies, but I would like clarification regarding my observation, if it is correct.

Regards

Ashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thans to all for your replies, but I would like clarification regarding my observation, if it is correct or not.

Regards

Ashu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed