Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in SNC configuration for ITS (IITS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to configure SNC for ITS (IITS) environment. I have searched help.sap but I could not find the related help, but some where before I have seen SNC for ITS configuration in help.sap.com.

Some one please help me with the configuration steps/ documentation for SNC configuration to work with ITS.

Thanks,

Ajay

13 REPLIES 13

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

SNC is used with external ITS only, not integrated ITS.

The external ITS uses SNC to protect the connection between the web server and back-end SAP system.

For integrated ITS, a web browser is used, so SNC is not involved.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

You mean there is no SNC configuration for Integrated ITS? My requirement is when we click the IITS URL, the browser prompts for Username and Password. But we do not want to provide those fields and it should directly login to systems. So to enable this feature please suggest the suitable configuration.

Thanks,

Ajay.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

I already gave you the answer to this question in a previous thread you opened. I suggest you review other threads and make sure you are clear what you are doing. For SNC, this is only applicable to ABAP. For Web authentication using Kerberos, you need to use login modules on Java stack, and for IITS this requires redirection from ABAP to Java, then back again after authenticating.

Thanks

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I have gone through my previous threads, which gives knowledge about Kerberos and Crypto libraries. But since I am not familiar with SNC and Kerberos SNC config was my first configuration, I am not that understandable for my current required configuration.

As I mentioned in the first post in this thread my requirement

>For Web authentication using Kerberos, you need to use login modules on Java stack, and for IITS this requires redirection >from ABAP to Java, then back again after authenticating.

As you mentioned please clarify me what login modules on JAVA stack should I need to use? What config should I perform? I have already confgured Kerberos SNC for ABAPGUI.

Please mention briefly steps need to be configured to meet my requirement.

Thanks,

Ajay.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

If you search this forum for external ITS Kerberos you will find many places where same question has been asked. You need to setup IWA authentication in SAP java stack and this can be done using a product from a SAP partner, or using the SPNEGO login module from SAP. It depends on your exact requirements and also depends on whether you are prepared to make your UME = Active Directory or not.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I have configured SAP Nego module on the NetWeaver 7.0 Server. I can able to login to JAVA stack with out entering any user name or Password like for NWA or User Management but I can not login to IITS with out entering user name/ password. I have configured SAP Negos on Application Server and checked IWA option in the client browser as you suggested.

What else need to be done for SSO to work on IITS. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Ajay.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

You need to run t-code SICF and change the configuration of the IITS service so that it redirects to java stack when authentication is required and you can do this with a sevlet on java stack, and pass a param to this servlet so that when the servlet has authenticated the user it will redirect back to the ABAP stack.

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Would you please help me with the steps. What configuration do I need to change in SICF transaction? and What Servlet should I use on JAVA stack? is that built in JAVA stack? and last what param to pass and how?

Please explain I am totally new from here to configure the things.

Thanks,

Ajay.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay,

I am afraid I only know how to do this when using our product, and I am not aware of how to (if it is possible) do same without our product being installed.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

<linkfarm_removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 6, 2010 3:54 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Sri

What have you posted?

<linkfarm_removed_by_moderator> why is this has been removed by moderator?

Thanks,

Ajay.

0 Kudos

Because Sri typed "SNC AND ITS" into google and posted all the links back for you. You can do that yourself [here|http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SNCANDITS] .

In the past we had big problems with people posting massive linkfarms of sometimes totally unrelated guess work.

Here is an example for you -->

We don't want to go back there, so we remove them if it becomes a habit...

Hope you understand,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thank you for your reply and explaining the things with example. I was in a feeling that I have missed some thing but now I understood why you have removed the content.

Thanks,

Ajay.