Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to load vm properties from File System Error for NW CE 7.1

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've successfully added NW 7.0 Java Systems to SMD without problem, butwhen we add a new NW CE 7.1 System to SMD, Managed System Configuration

went without problem, but during Introscope Agent installation, installations tells to add VM parameters manually.

I've added the parameters via Configtool, but during initialization of ISAGENT, following error is arised.

Jul 5, 2010 11:18:01 AM [Thread[Thread-33,5,main]] Error Failed to load vm properties from File System :D:\usr\sap\BPD\J10\j2ee\cluster\instance.properties.vmprop

Jul 5, 2010 11:18:01 AM [Thread[Thread-33,5,main]] Error ISAgent Settings Retrieval: BPD - 103812050 - Operation failed - BPD - 103812050

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.NullPointerException:

at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getVMSettingsFromInstanceProperties(VMManager.java:313)

at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getVMSettingsFromInstanceProperties(VMManager.java:369)

at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getSettingsFromFileSystem(VMManager.java:134)

at com.sap.smd.wily.WilyHandlerService.retrieveISAgentSettings(WilyHandlerService.java:1329)

at com.sap.smd.wily.WilyHandlerServicep4_Skel.dispatch(WilyHandlerServicep4_Skel.java:114)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Jul 5, 2010 11:18:01 AM [Thread[Thread-33,5,main]] Error Operation Failed :

[EXCEPTION]

java.lang.NullPointerException:

at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getVMSettingsFromInstanceProperties(VMManager.java:313)

at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getVMSettingsFromInstanceProperties(VMManager.java:369)

at com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.impl700.VMManager.getSettingsFromFileSystem(VMManager.java:134)

at com.sap.smd.wily.WilyHandlerService.retrieveISAgentSettings(WilyHandlerService.java:1329)

at com.sap.smd.wily.WilyHandlerServicep4_Skel.dispatch(WilyHandlerServicep4_Skel.java:114)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:721)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

When I checked the directory, D:\usr\sap\BPD\J10\j2ee\cluster\ only

instance.properties file exists.

Please help to resolve the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Huseyin...

Did you solve the Problem. I am facing the same problem for Pi 7.1 system too!.

Regards.

Marcelo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please let me know the parameters that you added manually in Configtool?

If you select "sap_sapjvm.jar" while applying autoprobe directives, all the required parameters will be added to configtool automatically.

Any how let me know which parameters that you added manually, so that I can find out the better solution.

Cheers

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

Looks like your SAP system is not correctly maintained in transaction SMSY or that it is due to the autoprobe directives or perhaps it's related to the directives.

I would advise you to install small addon Landscape Verification 1.0 (can be found on SDN) which has a report to check the consistency of SMSY and it will point out to you which information is still missing for your managed SAP system in smsy.

instance.properties.vmprop does not exist on PI 7.1 SAP system (it does exist on older Netweaver releases) so it's abnormal the system is looking for the file.

I have recently done setup of SMD Agent for PI 7.1 (I managed to perform managed system setup and introscope agent setup without issues). My system is now integrated into Wily Introscope but I'm experiencing issues when selecting any of the analysis tools in SAP Solution Manager (change,exception, workload all throw exception that there is nothing for the version of the managed SAP system).

I was also prompted to insert parameters manually when performing introscope agent setup. i'm using SMD Agent 7.11 version.

If you want those parameters, execute the introscope agent setup and it will prompt you the 3 lines you need to insert into the configtool for PI 7.1 SAP system.

KInd regards

Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi HUSEYIN,

Did you solve the Problem. I am facing the same problem for Pi 7.1 system.

Regards,

Minhaj