cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding mask - SAP adding 0 and spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using coding mask in our configuration.

It was initially set up as C.XX.XXX.X.0000.X.XXX.X

We changed it to C.XX.XXX.X.XXXX.X.XXX.X

and we found that all our project definition codes which were C.XX.XXX were updated to C.XX.XXX. .0000

Can you explain why this is happening? Is there a way of preventing SAP to change the codes?

Thanks for your help,

Thibault

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Infact this is standard behaviour of system when you does following with system.

1.You transport coding masks into a client in which projects are already created.

2.You copy projects into a client in which coding masks are already created.

We have faced not exactly same but similar kind of issue & Solved with SAP Note 453280. Take time to understand Project clding mask and do some excercie with sample project before you start real correction. It will surely work out.

Once moe thing you can alwalys chagne numeric to alphaneumeric but not reverse.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra/Nitin,

I recollected it wrongly. You are right. You can change coding mask from numeric to alpha numeric. Thanks for that.

Regards,

Gokul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i know you cannot change your coding mask from numeric to alpha numeric, however the reverse is possible, i guess.

Lets wait for others to comment as well.

Best Regards,

Gokul

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I thouhgt it was the other way around - changing from alpha to numeric was not permitted

Anyway - Never change the same project ID once used

Secondly try to use codes with numerics as this can be resolved instead of the alpha codes

check out OSS there is a note on how to change existing codes