Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

costing in project with Investment management module

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

In my project we are implementing we doing ps with IM module. Now we are getting some issues in costing part. As per client requirement there are 4 kind of cost plans.

1) client want one estimated cost where they can give figures on wbs level.---- cj40

2) client want one cost plan which is based on all the contracts--- network costing

3) They want to create one govt approved plan---- one simulation version

4) actual cost--- network costing

It seems fine but the problem is when we do investment module than cost comes from the IM module and now that cost is coming in version 0 it means PR cost and cost coming from IM will be mixed. I was trying this scenerio and found that when i m doing costing from IM module that cost is coming in versin 0 but pr cost is not coming at all. it means whatever pr i am generating not updating the planned cost. even though that cost will come than also it will be wrong bcz of it will add in planned cost coming from IM.

Can we get planned cost from im in version 1??

possible reason for not updation of network cost??

Kindly help me in this.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

Any answer, i got lot of answer in my query but still one que is there.

Can we get cost plan from IM to PS in version 1 or other than 0.

Can we send cost from PS to IM in version 1 or other than 0.

Can we send cost from ps to im. (We are creating appropriation request)

In transaction code im34 i can see that we can roll up the values from wbs to investment prgram but its not happening for me. Also i can see the version in appropriation request but no effect of that means im cant give me cost from version 1.

Important thing is if we are doing IM and cost is coming in version 0. In that case we cant have detailed cost planning (Network level). Means if IM is giving cost that is only rought cost planning which we can modify in cj40 but we cant have detailed cost planning.

I hope my query is clear. In case of any confusion or clarificaiton kindly revert back to me.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Edited by: abhishek sinha on Jul 6, 2010 6:27 AM

raghavendra_praveen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hope you have mixed up number of issues. First of let us know why you want to use CJ40 and network costing simultenously on WBS/ project simultaneously? One costing method is not sufficient for your business process?

You can create AR as pre-investment measure and can do cost planning against IM node in IM35 simply. If you want to copy what is planned against all Investment node measures (like projects/ orders) on to IM node then you can use IM34 transaction where in total planning on projects will be either adds/ overwrites the plan on IM node. You can have different plan/ actual versions like 0, 1 for rough cut planning etc..You can send with different versions.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

further to Praveen

if you want costing in different methods then I suggest that you do network costing as version 0

CJ40 can also be used if you want but then use a different plan version

Another thing you mention that cost is coming rom IM? - not orrect - it is the budget that omes from IM

You need to study the use of plan versions and you will find your answer

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can we get cost plan from IM to PS in version 1 or other than 0.

I think you are referring transfer plan values from IM to PS. Yes, this is possible. You can transfer Plan values of AR to measure(WBS) in version other than 0 also. When you do automatic transfer during measure creation, system takes plan values of the version maintained at AR . i,e, if you have planned values at version 1 of AR, then during measure creation Plan values will get transferred to version 1 of WBS. If you have planned values at version 0 of AR, then you will see plan values at version 0 only.

Can we send cost from PS to IM in version 1 or other than 0.

I think you are referring to rolling up of plan values from AR/measure to IM program, yes you can do that by IM34, enter the version in the entry screen, so that the cost from measure (WBS) will be rolled up to that version.

Can we send cost from ps to im. (We are creating appropriation request)

I dont get this. Give some details.