cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Web Application Server status by command?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need automatically do other tasks following WebAS restart , so must make sure web AS completely started up.

In general, WebAS has 3 kinds of status viewing from SAP MMC:

- Gray, web AS is stopped.

-Green, web AS is started.

-Yellow, Web AS is starting or stopping.

So how to get webAS status by command or program?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

Thanks for your answer, it's very helpful, one more question, looks jcmon is an interactive tool, and I have to input some options BY MANUAL before getting the information I wanted.

Can I have a single command with multiple specified parameters to get what I wanted?

Thanks,

Qinzhu

former_member432219
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Qinzhu

As a supplement to the information Blanca has provided you with I would like to draw your attention to 'sapcontrol'

'sapcontrol' uses the Web Service interface of 'sapstartsrv'

It's a powerful command line tool to control all fuctions provided by 'sapstartsrv'and these commands can be assembled in scripts

You'll find sapcontrol in the <central_instance>/exe directory and if you call sapcontrol from the command line without any arguments you get more information

You should also find this document useful

[SAP Control Webservice|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60e24f7b-1ba1-2b10-c0a0-e514b855624b]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Patrick, this tool is powerful, I believe it can solve my issue.

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

You can check the status of the instance via jcmon. The jcmon is a monitoring program, part of the startup and control framework, which can be used, among other things, to check the list of processes running and its status.

To start the JCmon, execute the jcmon.exe file from the usr/sap/<System_ID>/<Instance_Name>/j2ee/exe directory.

● As parameter for the jcmon.exe file, specify the SAP instance profile:

jcmon pf=/usr/sap/<SID>/sys/profile/<SAPSID>_<INSTANCE_ID>_<HOST>

Example:

jcmon pf=/usr/sap/A12/sys/profile/A12_JC00_test

● Enter command u201820u2018to display the main menu.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca