cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Dictionary project -- how to deploy with model data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm fairly new to the NetWeaver platform, and one of the things I'd like to do is create some database tables and populate some of those tables with model data. I found a reference in the Frequently Asked Questions for the Java Dictionary, but it was just a vague reference to specifying table entries in an XML file.

Anyone have an idea as to how to do this?

Thanks!

-- Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

making some tables is easy, populating them is some other task. At least if you want to do this with useful data. You could first go through the tutorials of the data dictionary. A colleague of mine is preparing a new example that does this as part of the example.

I hope to be able to provide a link soon.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has there been an update to this recently? I am in need of exactly the same information. The FAQ lists this:

<i>Can I deploy a Java Dictionary table along with the table content?

Yes. You can deliver the Java Dictionary table along the table content. There are two possibilities:

• Export from a reference database

• Specification of the table entries in an XML file (since SP5)

Note that there is no modification support for table entries that are delivered in this way. Therefore, you can deliver table entries with program character or for examples, but not for templates or customizing data.</i>

Now, I may be reading the note incorrectly, but it makes it sound like if you do populate a table with a XML file, the records cannot be modified thereafter. Is this true?

I'd also like to know how to develop the XML and where to put it, etc. I've had no luck searching for this information.

Thanks!