cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning DIP profile in Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Here I had a strange issue. I want to assign DIP profile in my Sales order to create DP91. The box for assigning DIP profile ( Control of Resource-related Billing and Creation of Quotations) under SalesB tab of item data is disappearing in specific case.

Sometimes it is appearing and some other times it is not. I am not able to catch the difference. Can anyone please suggest me on this.

Ratna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the ITEM CATEGORY in VOV7 there is an option to enter the DIP profile

Please enter the DIP profile in the item category and it will automatically enter in the Sales order --Sale B tab

Hope it is clear.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

User want to assign DIP in sales order manually, not in configuration. Even though I tried your suggestion to TAO, it is giving me a warning message like this " Billing relevance I and MRP profile MP02 may be inconsistent " message number is V1883. Ofocurse this is warning message and doesn't have any problem. But I think due to this problem only I am not getting this box in my sales order. But I am not able to understand this message? where from MRP profile is coming into picture here.

Can you suggest.

Ratna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the billing relevance of oyur item category as it must be marked for resource related billing (re.; your error Billing relevance I and MRP profile MP02 may be inconsistent ).

Also please remember that DP91 will only work if a previous link between a project and a sales document exist, e.g an inquiry or a quotation.

Regards

Kikas

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Observe the Item category & Sch line Cat in your sales doc corresponding changes in fields for the same.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thank you for your answer. My item cat is TAO and schedule line is CD. By default I am not using any requirement type (leaving the field as blank) as my case is service related. In that case I am not getting the above said box. But when I attach KE or any other requirement type manually in sales order under procurement tab, then that box is coming where I can attach my DIP. But why should I give requirement type as I am using material type as DIEN (service)? Where is the linke between requirement type and that box? This is just my analysis. May be I am going in wrong way (but my foundings are correct).

Can you suggest me please.

Ratna

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are series of config and data maintenance of the object.

Which is resulting you this.

Infact, this the requirement assigned to your i Cat (tcode OVZI), that is getting you the DIP profile into the sales doc Item level.

For understanding on config refer following link for more clarity:

[PS & SD |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=PLM&title=AssemblyProcessinProjectSystems&decorator=printable]

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts please through some light on this issue.

Ratna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone can suggest something on this please.

Ratna