cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Netweaver EHP1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello , We have requirement to install BI server , We have recieved media dvd from SAP for Netweaver EHP1 . I want to know what are the basic steps which i need to follow .

As per my understanding it should be something like -

1. Install ABAP+JAVA ( I want to have both as for BI i am unclear that should i choose ABAP or JAVA stack) from installation DVD's including EHP1 ?

2. Use EHPi tool to install the EHP1.?

3. Apply Addon for BI ?

Please Suggest

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as additional info: Double stack instances (ABAP + Java with the same SID) are no more supported. Install two separate instances.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus ,

As per note 1181025 ( section-3) , should i go for dual stack workaround ? Can you highlight the main steps , milestones for the installation ( as per section 3 , EHp1)

Regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That "workaround" is possible, yes. However, the SAP recommendation is to separate the systems, you can still install on the same server, just use two SIDs.

I can just highly recommend avoiding dual stack instances where possible. They are a nightmare to administer and maintain, not to speak of system copies etc.

If this is a new installation I would really go for two single stacks.

The process to follow is pretty well outlined in the note. Why do you want to do this installation as a dual stack?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will let you know once i discuss with BI consultant , as per his recommendation i thought to install the Dual stack.

Can you please let us know more about the usages of ABAP BI and JAVA BI , are there any specific advantages to use both stacks .

Also can i install 2 SID's on Same hardware , will that be supported by SAP.

Regards

Edited by: indian tiger on Jul 7, 2010 8:48 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I will let you know once i discuss with BI consultant , as per his recommendation i thought to install the Dual stack.

Check the sdn site mentioned in the note (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/landscapedesign), you'll find there some information why a separate should be done.

> Can you please let us know more about the usages of ABAP BI and JAVA BI , are there any specific advantages to use both stacks .

The Java part is the "frontend", it's a portal where the people call the queries.

> Also can i install 2 SID's on Same hardware , will that be supported by SAP

yes. Make sure the machine is properly sized.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus ..it really saved lot of time for me..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation guide available in the media has all steps of Planning, Preparation, Installation and Post-installation.

Hope you have already gone through them?

-roshan