cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points to keep in Mind

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are starting to build our File to IDOC scenario.

When I build this interface what are all the Points that I need to keep in mind to avoid any surprises at the end.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Is it many files' data into one IDoc...what exactly is the scenario? Do you have any specific validations or error handling to do?? Any content conversion??

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are receiving INOVICE from our Suppliers in a File and we need to post them into an R/3 System.

Regular File validation needs to be done , if the record contains some invalid data then itshould be sent to the Error file and only the Good records are sent to R/3 for further processing.

We are going for Content Conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Based on the scenario, these are some of the points that you could keep in mind:-

>With respect to content conversion - A sub structure must always be shown in exactly one line of the text document. The content conversion cannot create a nested structure. If you have a nested structure bring it down to a flat structure first.Content conversion is possible only till level three.

>You can post the data into the R/3 system by either using BAPIs, RFCs, IDocs or proxies.

>Since you have to validate and post the invalid files as error files, I think you will also have to use a bpm. You could have otherwise used adapter module processing for simple file validation. Check if you are going to use a switch in the bpm.

>One of the most common errors that you face while using a switch is the return code=99 problem.

>These are some of the don'ts which have been blogged by Felix Jeyareuben:-

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/08/don146ts-in-exchange-infrastructure

Regards,

Sushumna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

<i>if the record contains some invalid data then itshould be sent to the Error file and only the Good records are sent to R/3 for further processing.</i>

You can do this in 2 ways,

1. write an Adapter Module to do the verification / validation of input data and pass the incorrect data to the error file and thereby avoid a BPM.

2. Use a BPM. As you are going to be using the IDOC adapter, you will not be able to perfrom MultiMapping. So, you will have to use a BPM as one option where you validate your Records and pass the inlid to a file, and valid to Idoc adapter.

If you are going to send multiple IDOCs, then you might take a look at this note for IDOC packaging : 814393.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Here are 3 more points to keep in mind

1. Mapping all the mandatory fields of IDoc is a must.

2. After setting port to get IDoc metadata (using IDX1), the metadata will be imported automatically (check in IDX2). If not manually importing metadata can be done by clicking on the submenu 'Create' under 'Metadata' menu (in IDX2).

3. If you need update the R3 database, check out the assigned function module for the IDoc to update table.

Regards,

Uma

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Source Structure-is it csv file, then COntent conversion

2) Target Idoc structure(Multiple occurences)

3) Mapping Rules ( i.e if the target strcture is very compelx i.e nested, then you need to choose the correct mapping types(Message Mapping/Java/XSLT/ABAP)

4) Idoc Adapter Configuration - IDX1,IDX2,SM59 entries

You need to recheck point 4 correctly.

Regards,

moorthy