cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP licences and Users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

At our client, SAP Users are divided into 4 distinct categories depending on their usage of the SAP systems. Usage is based on number and type of transactions performed by a user.

SAP users are assigned a licence by ServiceDesk during the user creation process. Currently it is not possible to immediately see which category a user should belongs to and hence the assignment of SAP licence does not reflect the actual need/usage of a user.

Now we want to determine if the users have been assigned the right type of licences by analysing the data in SAP systems at the transaction level. This could mean analysing hundreds and thousands of transaction across many SAP systems of thousands of users.

I would like to know if someone has gone through the same excercise? if yes, I would like to hear the approach taken, tool used to extract and model the data etc...

Any help/guidance would be highly appreciated.

Br,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pankaj for Detail explanation, i got direction how to move forward.

Br,

Deepak

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Did you try Tcode USMM > User Classification method after selecting the relavant client .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would go like this

Case1. If role design is already done based on licencing,(which should be in ideal case)

1. Download users and asigned role list.

2. Categorize each role separately according to licence.

3. vLookup between list in point1 and list in point2 to match user and licence.

4. Point to note is that a user contains many roles. So the highest licence level will be applicable to him

Case2: Role design is not based on licensing

1. Select Roles and associated transaction-code list

2. Select unique tcodes from this list.This way you can find how many t-codes are being used in your system.

3. Divide each t-Code into a licence category.I hope T-code list will be no more then 2000 to 3000. This is laborious task. Possibly you can divide all dispaly tcodes and maintain t-Code separately and then decide licence type.

4. You can have now a list "Role-Tcode-Licence"

5. Associate Each role with a licence type. The point here will be that The higest licence type will be applicable to that role.

6. Download users and asigned role list.

7. Get a list "User-Role-Licence"

8. Assign a user with a licence type which is higest.

**Higest licence : You will have probably category of licences.For example Cat1-Display only Transactions Cat2- Change HR data Cat3- FI Change transactions. Now you need to decide which one is higher (have more cost) and then highest will be assigned to user.

I hope I am able to help you or at least set a direction of thinking

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pankaj for Detail explanation, i got direction how to move forward.

Br,

Deepak

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is add on product called "DLC". This can help to streamline license management. You may find more information on ECOHUB.

Regards,

Digesh