cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required Characteristic was excluded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our organisaiton, DIR creation is supported with Additional data tab with class & characteristics. If I use the Additional data tab then system is going to the next step promptly and displaying the possible entries. However, if the user just entered CV01n and try to save the DIR, system was asking only 3 fields to be filled and getting saved without the rest of the characteristics. I checked and found the "Entry Reqd" was not flagged which I flagged now and try to simulate the problem, not it gives an error message with contents as below

Required characteristic 'Relevance' was excluded

Message no. C1809

Diagnosis

A characteristic with the Entry required indicator was hidden, because, for example, a precondition is not fulfilled. This means that no value can be assigned to the characteristic. However, the configuration process is not complete until all required characteristics have value assigned to them.

Procedure

If you want to save the configuration anyway, set the status of the configuration to locked or incomplete.

Before you can change the configuration status to released, you must delete the Entry required indicator. You can then use a selection condition to define that the characteristic must have a value assigned to it if a precondition is fulfilled.

As the characteristics is created and released already , is it giving this error or what should I do to get rid of this problem and also maintain that system ensures all the mandatory fields are having values.

thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinvidh,

It's very easy. Just delete this characteristic which is showing error and having no values.

Once you delete this, you can create characteristics with same description and values and save. And assign.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as additional information on the usage of mandatory characteristics in DMS please see the following link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Mandatoryclassificationcharacteristics

Best regards,

Christoph