Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Creating Source Files (Templates) for Original Application Files

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am trying to ccreate "Source Files (Templates) for Original Application Files" . I checked the link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Templates-Document+Management

I created a new DOc. type TMP with no statuses, checked in KPO, assigned no. ranges.

Created DIR & assigned the template file, checked into storage category. DIR no. 10000000390 created.

In Workstation application "DOX" in define templates for originals : doc. type: ZGA, application: DOX; language- EN; no - 01; In source doc- entered doc. type- TMP, doc. no.- 10000000390, part & version

Assigned for required source file copy" ZGA doc. type. -- Default Appl. as "DOX" workstation application.

Now created a DIR with ZGA doc. type, when clicking on originals , DOX prompted and clicking on "create with template" . TMP doc. 10000000390 template open in a new window. I edited & saved. close the MS word window. When comes to DIR, it prompted, Original was changed Do you want to save the original?.

clicked on yes.

Saved the ZGA DIR. When I saw the new ZGA DIR created it didn't capture. Where I went wrong ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Editing functionality is not available in DMS. You have to save the file on desktop,edit and save.

I hope this will reesolve the query. If still problem exists pls revert.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

By going this below link, it seems we can use template for creating ne wdocument & attach the same.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Templates-Document+Management

Following messages if you read, it may be clear.

By having templates in place we can utilize the pre-defined documents instead creating right from scratch.

Entries can be done in the Template and save the document.

Templates are used for standardization and uniformity. By using templates time consumption for creation of documents will reduce as most of the details are maintained in the master template and the same can be utilize by using the template when creating documents.

If in DMS editing functionality is not there what is the use of templates- documentation?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Can we have templates as we described or not ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its possible. Hope you are only creating templates using CV01N and editing/changing originals in CV02N mode

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not doing like that.

How to create a new originals by using templates.

If we create thru CV01N & changing in CV02n, is 2 step process. Can't we do in 1st step only.

If it is 2 step, there won't be much useful function .

Is there any better way of creating from templates ?

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am afraid not!! Do share if you come across an easier way to tackle this.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Answers (0)