cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

universe connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii Experts

1)can we edit one connection type to use for other connection type.

2)what exactly the semantic layer and its components.

3)In BO can we extract data directly from source (sap R3) table for reporting.

4)what is key performance indicator,could u please explain with examples.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

1. You will need to clarify what you mean by editing one connection type for another.

2. Semantic layer is the basic idea behind a Universe, where data is converted into a much more user friendly environment.

3. I don't know - it depends on how your environment has been set up - you need to discuss with your local SAP/BO people.

4. Key Performance Indicator - I suggest you go find a book or good internet site that will explain this to you.

It does not sound like you have done your homework!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii wavery

I mean that by editing the connection type,can we use that connection to another connection,i mean by editing personal connection can we use that for shared connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once a connection is set up it cannot be altered to a different type. Personal and shared connections are stored in a different file, and secured connections are stored in the repository. There is no option to convert or promote one type of connection to another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we use import wizard how do we edit the connections after the import to the QA from DEV? Is this usually done from the Universe Designer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. you need to import the universe and goto file --> parameters. change the connection.

Answers (0)