cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work process going in hanged state

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently in last 2 months it has happened twice with us that all the dialog process were stuck in report SAPLSPOX.

I have to restart the server to get this clear.Since this happens with production server and we operate 24*7,it is not

acceptable by the management.

Our background job for deleting old job logs including SPOOL request runs daily.

Has anyone came across this issue?Any suggestion on the same will be highly obliged.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

PG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you go through the following Note :

-

SAP Note 1324085 - Incorrect values of spool option

-

cheers !

PRADi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pradeep for that note and I do believe I need to update my Basis support patch to the relevant level.I will look into this note. Regarding the link you provided in your second post,I had already went across this before opening this post,but thanks for your time and help.

Regards,

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I do believe I need to update my Basis support patch to the relevant level.I will look into this note. >

>

Not mandatory that you need to update the SP Level, you may also implement the corrections attached to the Note (Different corrections for different version of SAP_BASIS component).

As this is production environment , parallely you may also open a product error message with SAP, providing them with work process traces and your findings to be doubly sure that you business is not interrupted.

After implementing the note and observing for few days, let us know the outcome.

cheers !

PRADi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pradeep.Have implemented the correction and will observer.

Regards,

PG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check that the SAP_REORG_SPOOL job is running correctly (for all relevant clients).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever the program SAPLSPOX will be running there must be a job that will be calling it.

Please check if any job is in active state whenever you see this program.

This will help in ananlysing.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The report that runs at that time in background is SAPLSPOB(checked via dpmon)

Any idea what this report is? And why it happens?

The situation that happens at that time is:

All dialog process hung with report SAPLSPOX

All background process hung with report SAPLSPOB

And I need to restart the servers to get this fixed.

Regards,

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may implement the above SAP Note, if the versions are relevant to you, also please go throught the following link

-

-

cheers !

PRADi