Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNC User's Guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I need to use the Secure Network Communications (SNC) and only found a SNC User's Guide of version of 1999, as the link below:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ac81c690-0201-0010-c4b4-c72618f35...

Does anyone know tell me if there is newer version?

regards

Jerry Weiss

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you will find this is the latest user guide. The SNC adapter was coded many years ago and has not had many/any functional changes made. The only thing that has changed is the GSS-API libraries available which the SNC adatper uses. One reason why not many changes have been made is that SNC is using open standards such as GSS-API version 2, so SAP cannot make propriatory changes to it, since if they did, the GSS-API specification would be broken and interoperability would be effected.

Thanks,

Tim

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you will find this is the latest user guide. The SNC adapter was coded many years ago and has not had many/any functional changes made. The only thing that has changed is the GSS-API libraries available which the SNC adatper uses. One reason why not many changes have been made is that SNC is using open standards such as GSS-API version 2, so SAP cannot make propriatory changes to it, since if they did, the GSS-API specification would be broken and interoperability would be effected.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please look at this link ,

Its all about SNC you should be able to get everything that you need here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/1f/b832a5e004472985d46721aaf43574/frameset.htm

Regards

A.Franklin Jayasim

Principal Architect

SAP Security\GRC\IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim and Jayasim,

thanks for the help.

Jerry Weiss