cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIAR File Import from XI 3.0 Enterprise into new XI 3.0 Enterprise System

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there,

I am encountering an error message when I attempt to import BIAR files from our old Enterprise XI 3.0 system into our new Enterprise XI 3.0 System. When I use the Import Wizard it asks me what source to copy from and I choose the location of our BIAR files. Next I choose our CMS name and logon to it using the Adminstrator credentials. When I click next the process begins to import the file but then stops at 23% and gives an error message that says:

Failed to open the BIAR file. Reason: come.businessobjects.sdk.biar.om.internal.iw.ObjectManagerIWException:A runtime rxception has occured in the Object Manager. null

This is a very concerning issue as we backed up our entire enterprise system with the BIAR files. In total there are 43 of them, each between 500 to 600 megs in size for a total of about 23 gigs. We had hoped to import these files to restore our system from a major crash but now has us very concerned. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated as we are now desperate to recover 4 years worth of work. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am seeing exactly the same issue with a biar file.

Were you guys able to find and resolution to this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you create a biar file? Using Import Wizard or Command Line? How big is the Biar file?

Biar file is not meant for backing up complete system and restore it in other system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a biar with just 2 reports that were deleted a month back.

We were trying to restore them now, and the biar does not work.

I created the biar using Import Wizard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like biar file got corrupted while creating the biar file. There is no way you can restore. Since this is just 2 reports, find out if there is any local copies available or check if the same reports available in different environment and publish it again to repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dustin, unfortunately, BIAR is not meant to be used, and should never been used, as your primary backup. It is because BIAR is not entirely reliable, especially when the size becomes large. It can only be used as secondary backup or a quick and dirty way to archive off some files. No more and no less.

I sure hope you have performed synchronized backup of the system database and the input/output FRS on a regular basis. This is what you restore from in case of a system crash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i have used Import wizard for importing the biar file in to the system and that too using the administrator in to BOXi3.1SP3 machine.

I am getting the following error

Logon Error:Failed to open the BIAR file. Reason:com.businessobjects.sdk.biar.om.internal.iw.ObjectManagerIWException: A runtime exception has occurred in the Object Manager, null

Please let me know if solutions to resolve this. What could be the problem while importing.

The same bair is working on my local machine but not on the client side

Thanks in advance