Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in CIF'ing PDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

In R/3 we have BOM, routing and Production Version for a product

When i try to CIF the PDS over to APO from R/3, I can only see the "components" tab and the associated data (FG and the WIP)

The other tabs (Operations, Activities and Activity-Relationships) do not even exist.

Out of curiosity I tried to create a PPM but no success.

The Product, Location and Resources are in APO.

Could someone help.

thanks,

RP.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow these steps for a successful transfer of PDS

ECC

(1) Check material- MRP type- Proc Type

(2) Create BOM-- Check the validity dates

(3) Create Resource

(4) Create Routing

(5) Create Prod version-- Assign BOM and Routing and check the validity dates

APO

(1) CIF plants

(2) CIF Resource

(3) CIF materials- both FG and Components

(4) CIF PDS, select the correct version and make sure the validity date is correct on CFM1 screen

Second time transfer tips

(1) RIMODINI the integration models

(2) CURTO_CREATE-- sends the PDS again

THanks

Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check following:

- There must be a valid plan in the production version for Detailed Scheduling. The bill of material (BOM) must be valid until the key date (in case the validity period of the production version changes).

· At least one operation must be assigned to a work center because only assigned operations are transferred to SAP APO.

· In the work center, formulas for scheduling and capacity must be maintained for operations, otherwise operations are not transferred to SAP APO.

· The standard values must be maintained in the operation detail. If times have not been maintained for operations/phases, they are not transferred to SAP APO.

· You must ensure that the scheduling indicator is set in the control key because only those operations relevant to scheduling are transferred.

· The leading material must be contained in an active integration model, otherwise the PPM is not transferred to SAP APO.

· The components of the BOM must be contained in an active integration model, otherwise the components are not transferred to SAP APO.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar and Datta for the quick reply...

Datta, I checked the details you mentioned in your reply. Please find my observations to your 7 points.

1)I am not sure: The BOM validity is 04-20-2005 to 12-31-9999. PV version validity is 05-17-2005 to 12-31-9999.

The routing has 4 operations and their validity begins before the BOM validity begins (02-04-2005)

2) Yes: Four workcenters are assigned to all the four operations in the Routing

3) I am not sure: On the four workcenters, I can see Set up and Processing formulas for the "CAPACITY" tab. But the formulas are absent from the SCHEDULING tab

4)Yes: Except for the first operation on the routing I can see standard values on machine on all the 4 operations.

5)Yes: The control key (EP and EPC) on the 4 operations have the "SCheduling" Indicator checked.

6)Yes: The Leading Materials have been successfully transfered to APO.

7)Yes: The components have been successfully transfered to APO.

Thanks in advance for your help

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. The problem was with the formulas on the scheduling tab.

RP