cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign color to the system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we would like do differentiate the environments using colors with assiging the color directly to the system, without asking to each user changing the color with the "Set color to environment" functionnality.

Do you have an idea, or other way to differentiate the envrionments?

Thanks for your help.

Regards;

Thibaud.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 610274 - New sapgui/theme profile value

Hope it will resolve your issue....

PS: SAP Systems which are running on NW2004s (e.g SAP SRM, ECC 6.0 and BI) have the same issue and I feel SAP does not want us to play with colors in these releases.

Enjoy !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your recommendation.

So if it is not possible to set a color to the whole system, what do you use to distinguish your environments?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although I don't have different colours set up for the different environments there are a few things I can think of that you can use to help identify which system you are logged into.

In the bottom right-hand side of the status bar in SAP GUI I have the entry set to "System" so it shows me the SID of the system and client I'm in at any time.

And if you haven't done these already, it's also worth doing the following:

- Adding some custom text to the logon screen of each system to help users identify that they are logging in to the correct system. See SAP Note 205487.

- Adding a custom image to the main screen to identify the system. For example, an image showing your company logo with "SAP ECC Development" written underneath! See SAP Note 1337986.

Hope you find this helpful!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thibaud,

Unfortunately the method you mention (using "Set color to environment" for each user) is the only method I know of.

However, if you need to simplify the rollout of this to users, it may be helpful to know that the settings are saved in the Windows registry on the user's computer. It is possible to export these entries to a file, which can then be applied to other user's computers. See SAP Note 710719 that mentions an administrator can define settings in the registry (but I don't think it tells you how!).

If you are using an SAP installation server setup to install SAP Logon Pad on user's computers, you may be able to include the running of this as a scripted event at teh end of installation.

For uses who already have SAP Logon installed, you may be able to ask them to run the registry script manually, or it may be possible to run this as part of Windows group policy when a user logs onto the network (although I don't know how you'd do this!).

For my SAP Logon, entries can be found here in registry editor. These can be exported using File > Export:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > SAP > General . Appearance > Themes > Enjoy > [colour scheme name]

Hope this is useful.

Steve.