Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Protection for a whole section

former_member220448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I'm printing an invoice with 2 tables in the main window, materials ,and taxes in that order.

Of course I dont know how may rows I need to print.

The problem is this,

For example.

After printing the materials table I have to print the taxes table, but if this last table dont fit in the page I started to print it THE WHOLE taxes section must start in a new page.

I've create a folder in the main section of the taxes table and set the page protect on, but it only protect a tax line I need to protect the WHOLE table.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks!!

Nico.-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The advantage of the table is it can flows to the next page if the data is there and so I guess, there is no way to control the full table using the page protection option.

May be you can try with the below logic:

Table->Main area-> Folder ->Loop -> Row.

You just loop the internal table inside the loop node and uncheck the loop option in the data tab of the table. Set the page protection option in the Folder.

Please check and let me know if you need any more assistant.

Regards,

Selva K.

Edited by: Selvakumar Krishnan on Jul 5, 2010 10:39 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I would implement a line counter in my output routine...you'd have to figure out how many lines you could print, then count all the rows of output, considering restart at 1 when you knew you had gone to a new page. At the end of materials table, the current line count + Lines( tax_table ), plus any necessary blank lines between, would give you the highest line number required. If that's more than would fit on the page, you could issue a new page command and lay down your tax rows, or continue printing if will fit on the page.