cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantages of content server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I'm researching using Content server in DMS.

Can you give me the advantages of content server in DMS?

With my opinion, when you use content server, you can include database and capacity for further problems such as need more storage space, improve performance...

Best Regrads

An NLP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per forum rules, please do a search before posting questions. This question has been asked and is covered in detail in the SAP help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I found out in this forum but I can't find any information I need. At the first post, I told my opinion about Content Server. If you think it's not right, please correct me.

This post isn't as question, it's as a debate.

Best Regards

An NLP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP database should never be used for a production environment unless the volumes of documents are extremely low. Yes, it will work, but no its not recommended. If you plan on putting documents in a production system, use an external content server (SAP or other)

Edited by: Athol Hill on Jul 3, 2010 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol Hill

The SAP database should never be used for a production environment unless the volumes of documents are extremely low

So, with a large amounts of document we should use Content server. Follow my understanding, Content Server can use SAP DB. In your post, I'm confused the term "SAP database", Does it mean I shouldn't use SAP DB in Content Server ?

I'm thinking about the security in Content Server and SAP Server. (I mean I use a external Content Server). If you know, please give me your opinion. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Regards

AnNLP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean the SAP ECC6 database, not the content server database.

If you use secure certificates on the content server, there should be no security issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athol Hill

Thanks for your quickly reply.

Finally, I'm writing down the advantages of Content Server I know:

- Be able to adjust capacity and numbers of server.

- Using for large amounts of document.

- Separable. Can use it for classification of storage area.

- Don't pay any fee for the license.

- Often be used for short-term documents which are used in document-oriented applications and business scenarios.

- Be suitable for company with several sub-companies which use same SAP system.

- Can be used in KPRO.

- Integrate to third-party software

Anything else ?

Best Regards

An NLP