Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

baseline date in payment terms

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

There're 4 kinds of baseline dates in payment terms: no default, posting date, document date & entry date. I have gone through the relevant thread & tested in the system.

However, I found no differences among them, i.e. no matter which baseline date is selected, billing date automatically captures actual delivery date from delivery when creating invoice.

Why? Is there something wrong?

Plz help. Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer baseline date for payment

These are date from which the terms of payment apply. The baseline date for payment is the basis for the permitted cash discount amount or the due date of the invoice.

Observe respective GL account entry.

Check routine in Item level of your copying control for Delv to Billing (Tcode VTFL) 11 - Bill. date= Today.

To use it provide the same in Data VBRK/VBRP or develop at routine for the same.

Hope it clear.

Thanks & Regards

JP

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Actually, I want to know what's the differences among those 4 baseline dates. I have gone through the definition of them. After system testing, I found no differences among them (refer to my first thread). Thus, I wonder whether something wrong I have made.

Would you plz illustrate the usage of those 4 baseline dates?

Again, many thanks for your advice in advance.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through this document

[Rules for the Baseline Date|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45B/helpdata/en/e5/0783804acd11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I already mention, baseline date for payment is the date from which the terms of payment apply.

So,

- No default for the base date, this Indicates that no default value is required for the baseline date for payment. You then have to enter the base date manually during document entry.

- Propose posting date, this Indicates that the posting date is to be proposed in the base date field during document entry.

- Propose document date, this indicates that the document date is to be proposed in the base date field during document entry.

- Propose entry date, this indicates that the entry date is to be proposed in the field Base date during document entry.

Where,

Base Date is the date to be entered in the header of a document.

Posting Date is the date on which a business transaction is transferred into one or more accounting ledgers on document entry.

Document Date is the date on which the original document (such as vendor invoice) was created.

For understanding refer following links:

[Terms of Payment|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/96/8b3fc643ce11d189ee0000e81ddfac/content.htm]

[Baseline Date for Payment|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/ru/e5/0783804acd11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Hope this can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi, JP,

Plz correct my understanding if I'm wrong. However, I stilll can't understand the usage of entry date. Plz help further.

For document date, it's delivery date from delivery. Let's say delivery date in delivery is July 1. On July 3, billing date captures July 1 when creating invoice.

For posting date, it's creation date of billing document. Let's say on July 6, I create invoice. Billing date captures July 6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Baseline date is captured in accounting documents, mainly to control the payments.

1.Baseline date may be manual while creating the accounting documents. (In this case the user can input the date manually)

2.Baseline date may be based on document date. ( If the baseline date is based on your PGI date/Billing date it may differ from the posting date of invoice Eg: the PGI & invoice are created on July, 1st but the invoice is posted on July,2nd only and your baseline date will be 1st July.)

3.Baseline date may be based on the posting date.(Invoice date is 1st July but posting date is 2nd July then your baseline date will be 2nd July.)

4.Proposed date. (This will be proposed by system automatically)

Technically all are not same baseline dates. Hope, this will help to resolve your issue.

Regards,

Sp.Balaji.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Document Date is nothing but the date on which you execute a particular transaction. From your example, if I want to explain, yes if you create a delivery on 1st July with Actual GI Date as 30th Jun'10, here Document date is 1st July and the inventory posting would be as on 30th June.

Similarly, if you create an invoice on 3rd July referencing this delivery, your invoice date would be 30th Jun'10 but the document date would be 3rd July. In fact, in exports you will find the difference between the billing document date and posting date whereas in domestic invoices, this would not be the case.

In exports, you would be generating a billing document with dated as 25th Jun (assuming that you have Posting Block in VOFA) and for this, you would receiving the B/L on 2nd July. In VF02, if you now release the billing document, then the posting date would be 2nd July.

Hope you got the difference !!!!!!!

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

plz refer to my lastest thread.

Edited by: Cathy on Jul 7, 2010 1:27 AM

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Balaji, Lakshmipathi.

Further to what Lakshmipathi has mentioned, if selecting posting date in payment terms (spro), let's say 10 days net due, July 12 will be due date due to posting date July 2 , right?

How about entry date? If selecting it in payment terms, which date is considered?

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

plz refer to my lastest thread.

Edited by: Cathy on Jul 7, 2010 1:30 AM

Answers (0)