Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple dispatchers

joachimvanpraet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yesterday we started an initial load in our IDM system. (7.1 SP4)

The load was taking more then 6 hours, now I'm trying to find out what's the bottleneck.

I think I have to raise the number of dispatchers to balance the load. What is the best way to do this?

Can I just create 2 additional dispatchers and assign all tasks to them? Will the system decide which task belongs to which dispatcher? Or is it better to assign some tasks to a dispatcher A and some to dispatcher B?

kr,

Joachim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

I would do what Domink Trui suggested since the single initial load jobs cannot run multiple pass at the same time.

1) determine which pass

2) check the DB host if it is max out

Is this the 1st initial load (1st backend system)? If not then you may to re-index the DB. I had a customer with similar issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

It is good practice to assign jobs to multiple dispatchers. The identity center will determine which dispatcher is better able to run the job at runtime and is also beneficial in the case of a dispatcher (service) falling into error state. It will not however, noticeable improve processing time however. As Domink indicated, processing time is more closely determined by database/data pulls as opposed to the dispatcher processing speeds.

Regards,

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joachim,

at first I would try to figure out which of the passes consumes the most time (job log).

This ould be the reading of users from CUA.

Then I would separate the passes to several jobs and assign the dispatchers accordingly. E.g. one or two for the heavy load and one or the rest o the jobs and tasks.

Best regards

Dominik