SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at FI-CA document posting(FPE1) bapi('BAPI_CTRACDOCUMENT_CREATE' )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

We want to post documents to fi-ca by using 'BAPI_CTRACDOCUMENT_CREATE' bapi.

but it gives E (>0)003 "Balance in Document currency is not zero, posting not possible" error if i dont give GENLEDGERPOSITIONS table. It posts succesfully when i fill GENLEDGERPOSITIONS table.

my problem is that FPE1 calculates GL items itself.

am i have to calculate that GL items and give it to bapi? calculating that GL items manualy is difficult and risky.

how can i post FI-CA documents without giving GENLEDGERPOSITIONS items?

thanks in advance , best regards

Mehmet

Edited by: Mehmet YAVUZ on Jul 2, 2010 1:28 PM

5 REPLIES 5

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mehmet:

The BAPI does not call account determination - you must explicitly provide those details in your calling parameters for that BAPI. So an error is expected if you do not provide offsetting items.

You could make a call to FKK_ACCOUNT_DETERMINE and posting area R000/R001 using the information you have, and then move those results to the general ledger positions structure prior to the BAPI call.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill ,

Thank you for your response.

I will try it monday and i will publish code for the others facing same problem in the future.

best regards

Mehmet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I solved the problem.

If you give bapi field COMPLETEDOCUMENT = 'X'

you can give uncomplete document to bapi and it completes itself.

best regards

mehmet

0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

If you mark COMPLETEDOCUMENT the BAPI completes the fields according to configuration of posting areas R000 and R001?

Best regards.

Cristóbal.

0 Kudos

Hi Mehmet,

Could you please share the the data that you passes to this BAPI. Iam getting some errors like document type IN is not defined or doesn't have valid no range.. please share the data that you passed else specify that.

Regards,

Venkat