cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity decifit when doing Return to vendor while usage decision (Muti-GR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have PO1: 100PC, PO2: 50 PC, Inspection lot quantity: 150PC (We set Control of Inspection Lot Creation in material master to "2")

And after inspection, we want to return the full quantity to vendor (150PC) via usage decision, but error message occured!!

M7 21: Deficit of PU GR quantity 50.000 PC

I checked thread

The suggestion is to do post UD for mutiple times, but I failed in this solution! When I want to do the second posting, message shows: Deficit of PU GR quantity 50.000 PC

It seems the system still checks quantiy against material docuement item, rather than inspction lot quantity.

I can post quantity to blocked stock or a "return storage location", but I wonder if there's any other convient ways to achive that.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Easiest way to do this is

1) Take the UD for the inspection lot , then reject while taking the UD stock will go to the ' blocked stock"

2) Now return this stock to vendor through MIGO --here you select movement type " 102 " & stock type " Blocked Stock"

then you will be able to Return to Vendor

Thanks,

Rajanikanth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Is it a sub-contracting type?

Is it a batch managed material ?

During GR batch is created ?

If so apply snote 645119 configuration

Regards,

Alagesan M.

Edited by: M.Alagesan on Jul 5, 2010 10:23 AM

former_member207609
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The solution Rajanikanth Lagisetti suggested is correct, that is the easiest one.

Here are the more information regarding the logic.

The standard QM posts the stock in background mode and there is technical restriction while referring to the multiple POs if the lot is created by the POs more than one like your case. The system always refer to the first PO whose quantity is 100, so there will be deficit quantity 50 = 100-150.

Even if you post them multiple times with seperated quantities there will still be the deficit as the first PO is always referenced. This is the behavior can not be changed at this moment.