cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File placed Incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

In my folderdirectory is like /Example/Example1/Example2/ and in the communication channel I gave my file name as. but here my question if file is placed and picked wrongly like instead of Example1 sub folder it went to Example2 in this case I want an altert or a mail l saying that file is incorectly placed.

Help Me in this case.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that you have an FTP file directory like /Example/Example1/Example2/ in the communication channel and have set the filename as .. In the example folder you will keep the file correctly, in example1 folder the file contains the details of books and Example2 folder contains details of pens. You would like to get an alert if the file is wrongly placed. Isn't it?

First of all, when the communication channel path is specified as /Example/Example1/Example2/, it will check for the file in Example2 folder. If it does not find any file, then the adapter interprets this as an error and terminates the transfer.

It is not possible to get a mail or alert for incorrect placement of file. And, the communication channel will not go into error when it is timedout.

In your case, if the data types two of them are different then will produce an alert stating as mappingtransformation error.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In my folderdirectory is like /Example/Example1/Example2/
like instead of Example1 sub folder it went to Example2 in this case I want an altert or a mail l saying that file is incorectly placed.

The file will be picked from Example2 folder.....if channel is not able to find a file in the folder during polling then it will be termed as an error and an alert can be obtained for this.

I think the question is a bit confusing for me

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

My question is if Example folder we will put file right,if Example1 file contains the details of Books and Example2 contains details of Pens in That caes U kept a file in Example folder and the file contains details of Books and it is send or picked by Example2 which is pens folder in tha case i need alert.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You gave the path as Example\Example1\Example2 right? If yes, then the file will be checked only in Exmaple2 folder

If file channel does not find a file to pick up then it will be termed as an error.....alert can be configured for this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm
u25CF      Timeout (secs.)
If no data is transferred between the client and the FTP server in the time interval specified here, the adapter interprets this as an 
error and terminates the transfer.

Does it suit your requirement?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> You gave the path as Example\Example1\Example2 right? If yes, then the file will be checked only in Exmaple2 folder

>

> If file channel does not find a file to pick up then it will be termed as an error.....alert can be configured for this.

>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm
> u25CF      Timeout (secs.)
> If no data is transferred between the client and the FTP server in the time interval specified here, the adapter interprets this as an 
> error and terminates the transfer.

>

> Does it suit your requirement?

i dont think this is true.

Have you tested this? Does the CC go into a error when the time out happens?