cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM and EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to SAP IDM. However i am aware and I work in SAP EP.

I am confused about SAP IDM.

Please help me out. I have following queries:

1) EP has user management feature, then why IDM?

2) Are EP and IDM completely different products?

3) Advantages and disadvantages of IDM over EP.

Thats all.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a functionality in IDM to trigger a request based on changes to HR Org structure in position based authorisation i.e. changes to cost center assigned to a position i.e. Accounts Payable Clerk position. If so, how is this done or where can I find documentaiton that details these aspects between HCM (HR component) and IDM.

In addition, when a role or roles is added to the position can IDM create a request for approval based on this event and other HR change events - if so what parameter/ attribute is used as there is only mx_person but I see that it has org structure fields under this attribute - is this the only way?

Tks

Liza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liza,

There are a few ways to trigger a request when an attribute is changed. The most 'out of the box' option that comes to mind is assigning the desired request (task) to run as an event task 'On Modify'. This will ensure that the task is run for the user every time the attribute is changed.

In regards to your second question, I believe in 7.1 that this is standard functionality. Assign the desired approval task to the role's Mx_Approvaltask attribute, and when it is applied to the user record it should create run that task.

Regards,

Nathan

joachimvanpraet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

EP and IDM are 2 different products, unfortunately in portal the usermanagment is also called identity managment.

SAP IDM is used to synchronize userdata in multiple systems. You can for example read out all your personnel files in HCM and use this data to provision users in AD, Lotus Notes, SAP CUA, ...

kr,

Joachim