cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a question about number of documents. What will happen when the internal number of Document Number is maximum? I think it's a big issue, we can not calculate how many documents will be created in the future - no limit.

I tested with the range from 0000001 to 0000002 (just be able to have 2 document numbers). When I created the third document, an error appears and not allow me create it.

Please give me your opinion about this.

Regards

An NLP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can archive old not used document numbers and the start the number range from the start number again as far as I know.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas Schueller

Thanks for your quickly answer.

Can you give me more detail information?

you can archive old not used document numbers

I don't understand. What do you mean ?

the start the number range from the start number again

Is it automatic or manual ?

Best Regards

An NLP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means the document numbering requirements are not mapped correctly during the requirement gathering phase. The solution for this is that you need to change the numbering schema as external and type manually the next numbers and save the DIR. I think this is the only solution for the problem.

Archiving few document will create another problem that is what to be done with repeating numbers?

Changing the numbering system as manual .i.e. external type and then type the numbers manualy.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra