cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - restart after error

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Object method to change Requistion in background and using it in Workflow task. The method has an Temporary error to ensure Restart the WF after Error. So when a user is in PR change mode (ME52N), the WF Task status shows "In Processing".

We have scheduled the Program RSWWERRE, which picks up the workitem and restarts the Task. After 3 execution of this program RSWWERRE, the status changes from "In Process" to "Error" (Since the user still blocks the PR from ME52N).

Eventhough the status is "Error", I am not able to see workitem from SWPR. Further RSWWERRE execution doesn't pick up this work item. I could see the error workitem, if I execute SWI2_DIAG. Restart Workflow option in SWI2_DIAG, triggers the work item but doesn't process / changes the document (PR is not blocked now) or changes the WF status.

Error Analysis in SWI2_DIAG shows "Work Item Set to Error following 03 failed attempts"

I would appreciate any suggestions on How to restart the error Workflow.

Thanks,

Sakthi

Moderator message: please post in the correct forum from now on.

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Jul 5, 2010 11:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SWPR, you must enter the workitem number corresponding to the main workflow (initial workitem), you must NOT enter the workitem where the error occurred. Be careful with the date, it must correspond to the the start date of the workflow.

0 Kudos

Sandra,

Thanks for your response.

Actually it is just a single task triggered by the Event. But I changed the selection in SWPR, still doesn't show up.

The method being executed in the Background has a Exceprtion with error Type "Temporary". Should I be choosing "Application" or "System" error?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never tried with a single task.

Did you try to select everything to see if your workflow appears?

Temporary should be fine, as anyway it is transformed into a true error at the end

0 Kudos

Thanks Sandra,

I created the workflow using the same task. Now when the error workitem show up in SWPR. And I caould also restart and process the workitem.

Sakthi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Any suggestions!!