cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI incoming message ignored

mark_meilleur
Participant
0 Kudos

I am placing an incoming xml file into the source directory for a communication channel with adapter type of "File". When the CC polls this directory for a file, it does find it and per the processing mode, deletes it. However, I find no futher trace of any processing taking place with this file. It never shows up in the RWB, I can't find any other errors, etc.

PI recognizes the existence of the file, but from there seemingly ignores it. Can someone please tell me where I can look to debug the problem and determine why the file is not being posted to ECC as desired? And please be as explicit as possible in any instructions you share, as I'm still in the early stages of learning PI.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Can you go to sap pi homepage on java stack and then Runtime workbench --> communication channel monitoring --> Give your sender communication channel name --> see for any error over there. You should see some error over there.

Regards,

---Satish

mark_meilleur
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Satish, but no luck there. Status is green light with message "Communication channel is correctly configured and started". I don't see any type of error messages, unless I'm not looking in the right place.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in RWB did you check out in the message monitoring, end-to-end monitoring sections for the status of your scenario.

in SAP GUI --> tcode SXMB_MONI --> Processed XML messages --> can you see the entry for your message processing.

Communication channel is correctly configured and started

In the communication channle monitoring itself, did you see an entry indicating that the file has been picked up/ processed by the channel?

Regards,

Abhishek.

mark_meilleur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

There was nothing i(as in no trace of any message) n the RWB message monitoring nor the SAP GUI transaction SXMB_MONI. Also, yesterday when I was working on this issue, I was NOT seeing an entry in the comm channel monitor that the file was being picked up. However, in an attempt to verify this this morning, my message did show as being picked up, and furthermore, it was successfully processed all the way thru PI and into ECC.

I'm guessing it was something to do with the cache related to the process. Can anyone confirm this, and which particular cache it might have been?

Thank you for the direction.

Mark

Answers (0)