cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a way to automatically block HU stock when moved to damage bin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for a way to automatically block stock when it is moved to certain bins. For example, when a handling unit is moved to a Damage bin (storage type 306), I would like movement type 344 to be executed to automatically hide the stock from ATP. I know that bins can be blocked from stock placement and removal but that is not what I am looking for. I do not want the stock available for sale.

One solution would be to modify our custom RF program to do a movement 344 following the movement 999 (bin to bin transfer) whenever an HU is moved into bins of a certain storage type. However, I am looking for a pure configuration approach or any other ideas.

Thanks in advance.

-Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

A similar requirement is being discussed in the following thread. Check my response over and see if it helps.

Thanks

Swagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Swagat.

The answer at the referenced thread is helpful. It sounds like using a separate storage location that is marked as not relevant for MRP is the most straight forward solution. However, it would be nice if we could avoid having to do a storage location transfer.

Edited by: Rob Scofield on Jul 7, 2010 1:03 AM