cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Transformation step of BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In BPM, I have defined a transformation step. For this, I have specified the Interface mapping which is between 2 abstract asynchronous interfaces. The Message Mapping for this Interface mapping involves multi-mapping (1:n) of the messages used.

Also, for naming convenience, I have kept the names of the abstract async interface and its message type same.

I have created containers for the message types of the both interfaces. The container for target message is of type 'multi-line'.

When I checked the integration process, errors (red boxes) appear for both - the source and target messages in the transformation step properties window. The error text says <b>"Expression must return the interface type < Name of abstract message interface >"</b>

What could be the cause of this error ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Shankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Are you splitting the messages i.e 1 message into N messages ? If so, do you have multiple message types in the Message Mapping in the target side ?

Anyway, just recheck the Abstract Interfaces are activated. And reassign the container variables with Source message Absract Interfaces and Target message Abstract Interfaces.

The error tells that, there is somewhere occurence problem.. So that is mismatch with the Message Interfaces..because you have selected the Multiline in the COntainers right ? Check without that..if it is ok, to narrow down the debugging..

Regards,

moorthy

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

Just check if the mapping (both message mapping and interface mapping) as such are working. I just want you to confirm if the code is able to do a 1:n mapping.

>><i>Also, for naming convenience, I have kept the names of the abstract async interface and its message type same.</i>

Can you please specify what exactly you have named your message interface and message type? Are they <i>exactly</i> same names??

Regards,

Sushumna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shankar,

Make sure the occurence of the Target Message Type and Message Interface in your Message Mapping and Interface Mapping are unbounded..!!

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you check the occurances in the Interface mapping.

Occurance of target 0...unbounded

Regards

Vijaya

Message was edited by: vijaya kumari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

make sure that you are using the same abstract message interface for your interface mapping and for defining the container element.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Vijaya - Yes the occurence of target interface is unbounded.

@ Bhavesh - Actually I am using java mapping. Since the java mapping is not ready, I have included some other the java class file. Hence occurence is not visible here.

@ Anand - I re-confirmed that I am using correct message interface names.

Thanks,