Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Variant in My Report Program

abhishek_nms
Participant
0 Kudos

Im trying to Hide the Variant in our Program (Z_program_Name) using SHD0,

I am not able to hide, or de-activate. when you enter the value and press enter, a pop up should appear with the following Values ( Hide, Required, output only) . But it was not working as expected.

I have followed the step by step guide for SHD0 mentioned

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/TransactionVariant-AStepbyStepGuidefor+Creation

but I could not get the Pop-up screen for disabling the Variant.

Does SHD0 work only for Standard programs & Tcode ? How can I hide my Variant using SHD0 .

Edited by: abhishek nms on Jul 1, 2010 11:22 PM

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which variant are you talking about? Report Selection Screen Variant? Or ??

0 Kudos

Yes , Report Selection Screen Variant only ... the problem here is, Im trying to customize a copy of Report Program.

say for Example: I have a report zstk .. I cloned it to z_zstk and I am trying to hide to the varaint of the Z_ZSTK .

I m not able to achieve the Hiding through SHD0 as it is not a standard Report.

Does SHD0 work for the Standard Transactions only ? .. if so , How to hide the Report selection screen Variant in the Report program ?

Do we have any FM to hide the Variants ? Evn if some one creates a variant that should as well be not visible.

what is the standard Table for storing the Variants ?

Edited by: abhishek nms on Jul 2, 2010 12:22 AM

Edited by: abhishek nms on Jul 2, 2010 12:24 AM

0 Kudos

Is your requirement just to hide the variant button in the selection screen ?

Is your requirement to hide the contents in a variant ?

Your question is confusing ...

what is the standard Table for storing the Variants ?

Check the table VARI

0 Kudos

abhishek nms, as Breakpoint said, we can't understand what you say: "hide a variant", what does that mean???

Be careful, use one of the 3 terms in bold below carefully, they mean different things.

You can't use screen variants for selection screens. Instead you must use a program variant (save button from selection screen display).

For dynpros, using transaction variants and screen variants (SHD0), we can hide a field, a button, a column, etc., but not a program variant.

If you want to hide a program variant, you set its attribute "only display in catalog".

0 Kudos

Transaction and screen variants are for altering the appearance of screens that are used to display data...for instance, for VA01, SD Order entry, I once had 93 screen variants that were executed with a variant transaction, all created in SHD0. I think you misunderstand the purpose and intent of SHD0....it's not for report selection screens, IMHO.

I don't understand the concept of hidng the report selection screen variant from the user who created it...what's the point?? What do you accomplish by doing that?

If we don't want a variant to be visible or used, why create it?

But, when you create a variant for a report selection screen, look at your settings..."background only" will not show in foreground variant list...If you save with "Only display in catalog", it doesn't show up for users in foreground, either....

0 Kudos

Thanks for all YOUR time

Requirements:

I have a Report (Not a standard one, custom built) which I am goin to call in Portal. This report would be accessed by the Vendors with complete restriction .

So Im trying to Hide the Variant Icon of Report Selection Screen ( so that user will not have an option to pick any variant)

Variant Creation -- why Creating and Hiding:

The variant will be created by Power user, that would be loaded based on the Login ID in Portal. But the Vendor should not see the Variant ICON when he (vendor) logged into the Portal . ( vendor are usually multiple)

All the vendor could see, would be the Report program loaded with Default Values ( These values would strictly be his Company values, For example the material he supplies and so on).

Solution

I did hide the Report Selection Screen variant Icon using SHD0. ( Click on Menu Entries GOTO > VARIANTS and try to disable these values .. that would in turn Hide the Variant icon)

0 Kudos

Thx Abhishek for the feedback, now that's clear what you want to do.

But I wonder how you could create a screen variant for the selection screen, as SHD0 triggers error message MS445 "No screen variant can be saved for & & (selection screen)". How did you do that? Or maybe it's not a selection screen...

Note that you can either call the program without displaying the selection screen using SUBMIT ... AND RETURN, or hide the button ("GET" function code) by calling RS_SET_SELSCREEN_STATUS function module in the PBO (though executing "GET" manually is allowed in my 7.0!!)

sandra