cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem installing ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was installing SAP ERP ECC6 on Oracle 10g/Solaris 10. My RAM is 8GB.

All was going well , database was created and then the instalation stalled at IMPORTING ABAP stage. 13 of the imports failed and all attempts to solve the error were unsuccesful so I rebooted the server.

Now it seems I have to start the instalation all over again since sapinst is not giving me the option to continue with the instalation from where it last stopped ie IMPORTING ABAP. Is there away around this ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like you were using /tmp as your install directory. Never use tmp as an install directory, always create a separate file system for the install directory.

I am not sure that you can do anything else besides restarting the install process.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveed

Indeed you Iare right. I was using /tmp as my install directory because that was what sapinst picked as a default.

How do I make sapinst use a prefered different install directory ?

Edited by: Joseph Telewa on Jul 1, 2010 9:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

Pls follow the steps at given below link and if you have read the Installation guide you wouldnot have faced the issue

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/76/5c9a3d13ce0450e10000000a114084/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a new filesystem and run sapinst from that directory. Also set the following environment variables.

export TMP=/<name of directory>

export TEMP=/<name of directory>

export TMPDIR=/<name of directory>

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

Answers (0)