cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use PI between J2EE and CRM for JCO/RFC?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question concerning the use of PI RFC-Adapter:

is it possible to use PI as an intermediator between a Netweaver J2EE System which connects to another system (eg. ABAP) using JCO/RFC (giving the following setting:

[NW Java -> JCO] -> [PI] -> [RFC-Receiver-System]

)?

To be more specific, we plan using CRM eCommerce Shop. This Java based shop connects to CRM backend using JCO/RFC. The Java based shop needs to be placed in a different network zone than CRM system and the only (allowed) way to have a connection from the zone with the shop is through PI.

Best regards,

Manuel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend using SOAP for this scenario, as this is a common standard.

You can define interfaces in Integration Repository and create webservice client in NWDS with WSDL from PI.

0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

yes, SOAP would be a perfect standard solution - unfortunately I do not know of any possibility to tell the J2EE (CRM Webshop) to use SOAP instead of JCO..

Regards,

Manuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understood your req clearly, then i think PI may not be required for your scenario as your CRM J2EE app is connecting to CRM ABAP via JCO.......even though it is in different nw zone, you can configure firewall settings to allow your JCO call to your ABAP system........

Regards,

Rajeev

0 Kudos

Hello Rajeev,

yes, this would be the best way - but unfortunately the policy does not let us connect directly using jco/rfc. Only ways using PI (decentral advanced adapter engine) are allowed.

Is this possible to use PI to transfer the jco/rfc requests between the two network zones or does PI not support this scenario?

Regards,

Manuel