cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just briliant to sent BLUERAY disk

Former Member
0 Kudos

here I am sitting in Tirana, installing SAP, and admiring to brilliance...

Somebody got idea to ship SolMAn on a BLUERAY disk!

unfortunately I usually do installations on HP, IBM, FUJITSU equipment and servers.

It seams that the poor genius figured out how to install SAP on SONY PLAYSTATION!!!!

...but some moments... priceless!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> here I am sitting in Tirana, installing SAP, and admiring to brilliance...

> Somebody got idea to ship SolMAn on a BLUERAY disk!

The have a bigger capacity than DVDs

And you can still download all the SAP software from the service marketplace

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus and thanks for all the smileys )

I want to apologize to all that might run into this post, but the truth is that I've just shouted it out of frustration.

The fact that I can download can hardly be an option when you don't have internet access and/or sap has not given you solman installation number so you don't have permission to download it.

but it happens...

Edited by: Pero Mudrinic on Jul 2, 2010 2:40 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The fact that I can download can hardly be an option when you don't have internet access

I see... but how do you plan to get the installation guides, the latest installation notes etc.?

> and/or sap has not given you solman installation number so you don't have permission to download it.

I can understand the frustration... but given the fact that you can't do factually anything without access to the service marketplace I don't consider the BlueRay unapologetic

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, sorry Markus,

maybe I was not to precise but let me try once again:

- this is a fresh installation, I am installing the complete landscape, Solman is just part of

- customer does have the access to the service market place, but under installation there is no inst number for solman

it automatically means that you can download it!

Beside this, I really must rise a question about internet:

Do all of us have 100MBit conn for download?

I think than when something is wrong that you have a right to rise you voice and to tell it! This is not some open source app that you are just downloaded from net, but big $$$$$

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> - customer does have the access to the service market place, but under installation there is no inst number for solman

> it automatically means that you can download it!

I would contact the customers sales rep, the contract department can/should generate an installation number, this is usually a matter of minutes.

> Beside this, I really must rise a question about internet:

> Do all of us have 100MBit conn for download?

No - but you can use a download manager for the big files. It's e. g. no more possible to 'order' physical media in the SAP shop, even for long term customers. I just think it's totally inefficient and very time consuming copying full DVDs to a location before you start the installation. And in the past there have been very many problems with defective media, cheap DVD drives that corrupt data during copying etc. If you browse the forums you'll find quite a number of those problems.

> I think than when something is wrong that you have a right to rise you voice and to tell it! This is not some open source app that you are just downloaded from net, but big $$$$$

You're right, if you think that it's not right to deliver BlueRays then I'd open a call at XX-SER-SWFL-SHIP and ask for DVD media. Or XX-CONTR-SER and ask them to provide you with an installation number so you can download.

I just think that downloading, even on slow connections, is effectively faster than copying two dozen DVDs to a network drive before you start the installation

Just my EUR 0.02

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcus, hi again,

and everybody else that will run into this post.

My apologizes once again for posting something like this.

The fact is that on the day i posted this, it was exactly 9 years that I've been employed as a SAP technical consultant.

So Marcus, you can guess that I know all of this... an some more...

But I think that I have a point at last at one thing:: how many of people out there is having blueray in their servers?

When I am about to deliver something I always explain and ask in advance is it OK with the interested party.

Only my thoughts, doesn't cost a cent...