cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some obsolete objects have been removed from the query. (QP0027)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I'm Getting the below error whenever i try to export my Universe to the reposotory.

"Some obsolete objects have been removed from the query. (QP0027)"

I know what this error means but i need to know do i get out of it.

I have to click ok N number of times to export this universe to Rep.

I have more than 1300 objects in my univers and more than 100 tables.

Please suggest how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Ravichandra K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is caused by the fact that someone has deleted objects from the universe without following the proper steps. There is no easy way to fix it. The easiest way is to roll back to the version prior to having this message, if you maintain backups regularly. If you don't have backups and if you cannot roll back, you just have to run the integrity check, go down the list of objects with parsing errors and fix them manually.

By the way, if your universe has more than 100 tables, you might want to review this universe and see if it makes better sense to spin it off.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Can you explain what you mean by "spin it off" if your Universe has more than 100 tables?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Simon,

>

> Can you explain what you mean by "spin it off" if your Universe has more than 100 tables?

>

> Thanks

Hi wavery, when you have more than 100 tables in the universe, the chance these tables are all used by the same functional group is very slim. When I say functional groups, I mean groups of users from, say Inventory Management Department or Financial Planning Department for example. You can then break up the humongous universe into multiple smaller universes that cater these functional groups. It makes the universes more manageable. When a universe gets too large, it becomes more and more difficult every time when you are trying to troubleshoot for problems.

There are of course different schools of thought. Some argue that you do not want to have to recreate the common objects, like date/time LOVs and condition objects or organizational hierarchy LOVs and condition objects (we have a whole bunch of those). The management in our company favored this school of thought, and that got us into big trouble. We have a universe that is so big and so complex that even the developers have difficulty figuring out which object is for what purpose. Then management came up with another idea of using link universes to provide self-service to the business users. And that did not go well either, but that is another story.

Every company has different business needs. So there is no cookie-cutter formula. You have to sit down and review your business needs, and figure out what makes sense to break up the large universe into more manageable smaller size universes.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to post again if you have further question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon,

We are dealing with a similar scenario, where we are either adding to our existing Universe, or creating a new one. So it is good to hear how others are dealing with these types of situations. I can imagine that if you go too far in one direction for too long, it could become overwhelming to make such a change. I agree with the idea of having separate Universes for different functional areas.

Thanks for your response.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my memory is correct, what Simon suggests is not going to help you find the problem. I suspect if you run an Integrity Check it will pass everything. If that is the case, yet you continue to get the "obsolete objects" message during export, it means that objects have been deleted that were in use on customized LOV queries. Those are not parsed during the integrity check.

Unfortunately, you may have to review each custom LOV manually to find the problem. Or you can click the "restore default" on each object properties tab to go back to a standard LOV, at which point you will reset to a basic LOV definition.